Starting Business Activity In Thailand But..

i am interested to start my own business in some touristic place of Thailand and i have just found this forum full of useful informations :D

my big problem is that i am a public worker and our law does'nt allow to public workers to get/start a second job :o

so i was thinking the ways to not get involved directly: i could just figure like the owner of a bar and getting rentals for it or something like that.. any other suggestion? :D

how much would be the starting investing money for an activity like a bar/small b&b / restaurant? as told i am new here :D

How would your EU government employer ever find out about your business in Thailand?

Thai government won't tell them... they aren't that organized / don't care. They want your foreign investment.

How would your EU government employer ever find out about your business in Thailand?

Thai government won't tell them... they aren't that organized / don't care. They want your foreign investment.

here makes incomes controls...i want to be quite and relaxed at least on the paper and dont loose my job :o

the best solution i think it's to figure out like the owner of the walls and rent the activity to a local company connected with me with a contract like: execpt of the employee payments, the rest of incomes rapresent the renting fee.

Since you sound like you are physically here AND working in your country's public service, your employer could easily find out by local rumour, colleagues, etc.

Anyway, you say you can't have a second job, but presumably you are allowed to have shares in a company. So set up a business, install a manager (Thai or farang depending on your budget, contacts and who you trust), make formal decisions only as a director at official meetings, but realistically make informal "advice" as much as you want. Pay yourself income as dividends. Take professional advice on setting up these things (Sunbelt Asia or IndoSiam are often recommended).

Since you sound like you are physically here AND working in your country's public service, your employer could easily find out by local rumour, colleagues, etc.

yes that's what i mean

Anyway, you say you can't have a second job, but presumably you are allowed to have shares in a company. So set up a business, install a manager (Thai or farang depending on your budget, contacts and who you trust), make formal decisions only as a director at official meetings, but realistically make informal "advice" as much as you want. Pay yourself income as dividends. Take professional advice on setting up these things (Sunbelt Asia or IndoSiam are often recommended).

i am thinking on that..

i am reading almost every thread of this forum.. :o i think i will need a partner to build up everything. Any guy as me interested into this business i am open to any response/proposal

my email: [email protected]

my plan is:

to buy a small restaurant/bar/internet cafè/small b&b in BKK or Puket

setup a company where i should not figure to run it

i am reading almost every thread of this forum..  :o i think i will need a partner to build up everything. Any guy as me interested into this business i am open to any response/proposal

my email: [email protected]

my plan is:

to buy a small restaurant/bar/internet cafè/small b&b in BKK or Puket

setup a company where i should not figure to run it

So... you want to buy something, do it somewhere and have someone run it.

Don't you thing that's a bit too general? :D I mean, an internet cafe is hardly the same kind of business as a bar.

Opening/buying a business doesn't mean cash automatically starts flowing in... Takes a lot of time and effort... Otherwise it just flows out... It won't run itself, you can be sure about that. There will always be unexpected problems and issues, someone should handle them.

If you're looking for someone to run it... What are you bringing? The investment?

Edited by ~G~

Beware of scams skyone. Your topic for sure has been view by some of them who may contact you to sell you a fake or unviable business.

The most well-know is pattayalivecam and tiptop cleaning franchise. These scams has been for years in Thailand and had fraud tens of people like yourself with some money to spare.

Better have a talk with some professionals like Sunbelt Asia. These guys will not cheat you and advise you well.