Chuwit Gives 'evidence' Of Fake Diplomas

george

Chuwit gives 'evidence' of fake diplomas

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Chart Thai leader Chuwit Kamolvisit yesterday produced evidence to back up his allegation that 13 Thai Rak Thai MPs had doctored their educational certificates.

Mr Chuwit produced allegedly fake certificates of the Informal Education Department issued for Thai Rak Thai MP Songkram Kitlertpairote, of Samut Prakan, whom he accused of forging to make it look as though he had graduated from a secondary school in his constituency.

''It was very unlikely for someone to graduate in Informal Education within a five-month time period as this MP did. That obviously means his certificates had been forged,'' charged Mr Chuwit, showing two of Mr Songkram's certificates which he said were both fake.

Without naming names, Mr Chuwit attacked several Thai Rak Thai members, including a former minister, who had spoken in defence of the Thai Rak Thai legislators with the supposedly fake certificates. He said he would wait seven days for the party leadership to settle the matter or he would take legal action and reveal more evidence about them.

''Don't challenge me anymore or I'll unveil [forged papers of] the other MPs. I speak the truth unlike those MPs who have been too busy licking the legs of the prime minister.

''I just met the prime minister who told me to let it go. How could I let it go when it was so obvious they had it all forged?'' Mr Chuwit said.

Mr Songkram had been certified in one document as graduating from 30 units of the Informal Education curricula and was certified as a graduate of 48 units in the other, Mr Chuwit said.

Mr Songkram, a first-time MP, was not available for comment.

Mr Chuwit's onslaught came after several Thai Rak Thai MPs dared him to come up with hard evidence to substantiate his allegations against their colleagues. Meanwhile, Prasaeng Mongkolsiri, a Thai Rak Thai MP, charged that a ''leading'' Chart Thai member also knew how to make a fake certificate and told Mr Chuwit to find out more from his colleague.

--Bangkok Post 2005-05-05

''I just met the prime minister who told me to let it go. How could I let it go when it was so obvious they had it all forged?'' Mr Chuwit said.

The whole reason why he got into politics was because the PM snubbed him when he asked for a meeting regarding that police payoffs/massage parlour thing, the PM saying "not just anyone can walk in and ask for a meeting." Well I guess he got his meeting.

+1 for Chuwit.

:o