Promotion: Half price on THAI Air tickets!

george

THAI's discounted air tickets to boost local tourism

Economy and Business class discounts 45% and more

BANGKOK: -- Tourists have flocked to book cheap air tickets for domestic flights with the national flag carrier, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI).

The half-price tickets are on offer as part of a campaign to promote the local tourism.

THAI is offering tickets on domestic routes at a minimum of 45 percent discount from 4-8 May.

The five-day-campaign, ''Smile Thailand'', was launched on Wednesday at the Siam Discovery Centre in Bangkok.

However, customers booking the discounted air tickets must use them by the end of July.

The discount program covers both business and economy classes.

The airlines is also offering special ''Andaman Sun- Sand-Sea'' package tours -- a coordinated holiday program with major hotels in provinces along the Andaman coast, including Phuket, Krabi, and Trang.

The special package includes discounted return air tickets with THAI, airport transfers and a hotel room for two people.

However, once the package is booked it cannot be transferred to anyone else.

--TNA 2005-05-05

Full details here:

http://www.thaiair.com/Promotions/Thailand...otion_index.htm

Roundtrip economy domestic tickets at discount price (Baht):

Between Bangkok and ...

Phitsanulok 1,520

Khon Kaen 1,650

Ubon Ratchathani 2,090

Udon Thani 1,970

Chiang Mai 2,390

Chiang Rai 2,800

Nakhon Sri Thammarat 2,670

Surat Thani 2,580

Phuket 2,890

Krabi 2,820

Hat Yai 3,230

Trang 3,030

Conditions

- SPECIAL 45% DISCOUNT DOMESTIC AIR FARES ON BUSINESS & ECONOMY CLASS FOR ONE WAY & ROUNDTRIP

- TICKET IS NON REROUTABLE / NON REFUNDABLE

- NAME CHANGE IS NOT PERMITTED

F- LIGHT/DATE CHANGE IS PERMITTED, SURCHARGE 1,000BAHT FOR EACH CHANGE

- ENTEIRE JOURNEY MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 31JUL05 ONLY

- NO SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR CHILD AND INFANT

- NORMAL MILEAGE ACCRUAL FOR TRAVELING UNTIL 31MAY05 ONLY

- ALL TAXES & SURCHARGES ARE EXCLUDED

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL:

FOR TRAVELING FROM BANGKOK TIL 30JUN05 (Roundtrip in Economy class, fees in Thai Baht):

Routing NET FARES (THB) VALIDITY

BANGKOK-SINGAPORE-BANGKOK 4,500 14 DAYS

BANGKOK-KUALA LUMPUR/PENANG-BANGKOK 4,500 1 YEAR

BANGKOK-XIAMEN-BANGKOK 4,500 45 DAYS

BANGKOK-HONG KONG-BANGKOK 6,450 7 DAYS

BANGKOK-MANILA-BANGKOK 8,450 3 MONTHS

BANGKOK-TAIPEI-BANGKOK 9,450 1 MONTH

BANGKOK-SEOUL-BANGKOK 14,450 45 DAYS

BANGKOK-TOKYO/OSAKA/NAGOYA/FUKUOKA-BANGKOK 15,450 45 DAYS

BANGKOK-BEIJING-BANGKOK 14,450 45 DAYS

BANGKOK-SHANGHAI-BANGKOK 12,450 45 DAYS

BANGKOK-CANTON/CHENGDU-BANGKOK 8,450 45 DAYS

BANGKOK-XIAMEN/KUNMING-BANGKOK 7,450 45 DAYS

BANGKOK-BRUNEI-BANGKOK 7,450 1 MONTH

BANGKOK-JAKARTA/DENPASAR-BANGKOK 9,450 1 MONTH

BANGKOK-BANGALORE-BANGKOK 13,450 3 MONTHS

BANGKOK-CHENNAI-BANGKOK 11,450 3 MONTHS

BANGKOK-COLOMBO-BANGKOK 9,450 45 DAYS

BANGKOK-CHITTAGONG-BANGKOK 6,450 1 MONTH

BANGKOK-DHAKA-BANGKOK 12,450 1 MONTH

BANGKOK-KARACHI/LAHORE-BANGKOK 12,450 2 MONTH

BANGKOK-AUCKLAND-BANGKOK 25,450 90 DAYS

BANGKOK-BRISBANE/MELBOURNE/PERTH/SYDNEY-BANGKOK 16,450 60 DAYS

BANGKOK-MILAN/ROME-BANGKOK 26,450 6 MONTHS

BANGKOK-ATHENS-BANGKOK 25,450 6 MONTHS

BANGKOK-LONDON-BANGKOK (TG916) 26,450 6 MONTHS

BANGKOK-LOS ANGELES-BANGKOK 26,450 6 MONTHS

CONDITIONS:

SUPER SPECIAL AIR FARES FOR CELEBRATING THAI'S 45th GOLDEN YEAR @ GRAND HALL, SIAM DISCOVERY CENTER, 04-08MAY05

CHILD FARES - 75% OF ADULT FARES

EFFECTIVE FOR TRAVELING FROM BANGKOK TIL 30JUN05

TICKET IS NON REROUTABLE / NON REFUNDABLE

ALL UPGRADES ARE NOT PERMITTED

NORMAL MILEAGE ACCRUAL FOR TRAVELING UNTIL 31MAY05 ONLY

NOTE : ALL TAXES & SURCHARGES ARE EXCLUDED

wow George thats a good news.....too bad I read it just today, as the booking period already started yesterday.....so I can get my missing 800 miles on my ROYAL ORCHID PLUS account easily for cheap (one domestic return flight will get me at least 1000 miles....where to go ? Udon ? Phitsanulok ?). and then I can apply for me free reward return ticket to Australia or Japan.....wonder where i will go.....Aussie I guess, never ever been there........too bad that THAI is changing its rules for the royal ochid plus after 1st of June.....probably these will be the last miles ever I can earn from THAI......anyway, will leave the house right now and do the booking at SIAM......

kaspa, these tickets are available at Siam Discovery Centre in Bangkok until 8 May 2005. No online booking.

Edit:

We have reports that some Thai travel agents can offer these cheap fares as well.

Edited by george

kaspa, these tickets are only available at Siam Discovery Centre in Bangkok until 8 May 2005. No online booking.

So the poor airline industry is bleeding to death with rising costs, the price of fuel etc. So who's the good samaritan underwriting this promotion, certainly not the airlines, they will tell you they've cut back to the bone but still must have significant fare increases.

asiawolfie

you say, "  ........too bad that THAI is changing its rules for the royal ochid plus after 1st of June.

what is changing??? Where can I get the info?

Thanks

I think the change is that discounted economy class tickets will cease to give full mileage accrual.

I saw that was happening, but I didn't remember it specifically relating to June 1st.

Thai Airways need to get into the 21st Century...

People book ONLINE these days!!

If you try and book online with them (for any fare..) they have a ridiculous requirement that you HAVE to pay and pick up paper tickets within 72 hours of booking, IN PERSON, at an office in Thailand...!!

So, not much use for anyone living in the USA trying to book a domestic trip online for use during their vacation in LOS...

Stick with Air Asia. They have it down to a "T". No hassles, you can pay online, and get an e-ticket sent to your e-mail acct. Works every time.

ChrisP

I use Air Asia regularly to Chiang Mai and Ubon, it must be the only 100% hassle free business in Thailand. I cant praise their service enough, you only get what you pay for and thats all domestic commuters desire.

ok, I very seldom fly thai unless I am using awards. I found much easier to fly Singapore and then have the miles placed on my thia account as then I can go to the Phuket office to get the tickets!

As long as they don't cancel the program.

GOOD NEWS!!

We now have got several reports that some local travel agents in Thailand can do these discount bookings as well, and you don't need to visit Siam Center. Check with your local agent ASAP!

asiawolfie

you say, "  ........too bad that THAI is changing its rules for the royal ochid plus after 1st of June.

what is changing??? Where can I get the info?

Thanks

I think the change is that discounted economy class tickets will cease to give full mileage accrual.

I saw that was happening, but I didn't remember it specifically relating to June 1st.

Thai Airways Newsletter March '05 - May '05:

CHANGES IN MILEAGE ACCURAL

Commencing June 1st, 2005 the following changes will take place when travelling with THAI.

Y Class travel increases to 110% of miles flown

Y Class is the booking code for full fare Economy Class Travel

V, W booking codes will not be eligible for mileage accural

These booking codes are specially reduced Economy Class fares

Amazing. Booked Nok Air yesterday and was 'delighted' to learn that they have just increased their prices 200 baht each way (+tax) due to the increasing oil price.

Today I read that Thai have reduced their prices 45% - for those fortunate to live in Bangkok.

TIT. :o

Thai Airways need to get into the 21st Century... 

People book ONLINE these days!!

If you try and book online with them (for any fare..) they have a ridiculous requirement that you HAVE to pay and pick up paper tickets within 72 hours of booking, IN PERSON, at an office in Thailand...!!

So, not much use for anyone living in the USA trying to book a domestic trip online for use during their vacation in LOS...

Stick with Air Asia. They have it down to a "T".  No hassles, you can pay online, and get an e-ticket sent to your e-mail acct.  Works every time.

ChrisP

:D No hassles pay online and be delayed by 1hr min :o

Chris P,

Yes you can book online with Thai and recieve an E ticket.

When you book your flight go through the process and just before you give your card details check recieve E ticket.

They send it to you and you print it out take it to check in with your credit card used ....no problem.

I must admit it took me about 6 hours to fathom it out it certainly isn't very clear but yes you can do it, I have booked several times from U.K.

chock dee

It's a little boring not to get any food on board, but Air Asia surely convinced me. Last time in Singapore, the flight had only 8 hours delay. Lucky enough it was the Singapore airport.

depart from/to Don Muang Airport (Bangkok International Airport)

Khon Kaen from THB399

Chiang Rai from THB499

Chiang Mai from THB499

Hat Yai from THB499

Phuket from THB499

Ubon Ratchathani from THB499

Udon Thani from THB499

Narathiwat from THB699

Air Asia... boy thats low. Pity nothing from Samui/Surat

George, give us the facts..... I went to 4 agencies this morning and they couldn't do it. So, pls inform us about the agencies able to do. Name, address and website.

I need to make a reservation today.

Thanks for helping us George.

The article regarding Thai Air promotional flights bookable between May 4-8 does not contain essential information that these flights are only bookable in Bangkok! I have complained to Thai Air about misinformation - I do the same to your forum. If you can't give correct information don't give any information!

Derrick Sherwin

The article regarding Thai Air promotional flights bookable between May 4-8 does not contain essential information that these flights are only bookable in Bangkok! I have complained to Thai Air about misinformation - I do the same to your forum. If you can't give correct information don't give any information!

Derrick Sherwin

kaspa, these tickets are available at Siam Discovery Centre in Bangkok until 8 May 2005. No online booking.

What part of this didn't you understand? :o