Any Place Near Bangkok To Go During The Weekend?

tangqian86

Why not visit Koh Samet Island. Its 2 hour taxi drive from Bangkok or you can get a bus from Ekamai but note its about 4 hours on the bus to Ban Phe. Its on the eastern seaboard about 17 kms east of rayong province. You go to a city called ban phe which is the point you can catch a ferry to the island. Rather than stay on the island and pay high season rates do day trips and stay in a guesthouse in ban phe far more economical. Ferries leave every hour and are cheap. Some guesthouses are Bedrock Guesthouse Bar and Grill or Christies Guesthouse

Thai railways have special day trips on weekends only departing Hualamphong station to Kanchanaburi.

You stop off at a temple on the way then at the bridge at Kanchanaburi. It then continues on to a national park with waterfall where you get a few hours to enjoy lunch. It returns early evening in Bangkok.

It’s cheap and makes for an enjoyable day out.

The website ThaiRailways.com has other suggestions too.

Take a boat ride up the river to Koh Kret, hire a bicycle or just walk around the island. Watch the pottery workshops, lush gardens or just watch the river go by whilst chilling on the terrace of a restaurant.

Take a boat ride up the river to Koh Kret, hire a bicycle or just walk around the island. Watch the pottery workshops, lush gardens or just watch the river go by whilst chilling on the terrace of a restaurant.

Thats a good trip - but just make sure you dont step into any dog sh!t. The island is full of strays and its small paths are full of it.

Thai railways have special day trips on weekends only departing Hualamphong station to Kanchanaburi.

You stop off at a temple on the way then at the bridge at Kanchanaburi. It then continues on to a national park with waterfall where you get a few hours to enjoy lunch. It returns early evening in Bangkok.

It's cheap and makes for an enjoyable day out.

Wow, great suggestion! That's a new one to me, I will definitely try it!

If you want the (IMHO) simplest solution, try Cha Am. It is much quieter than the other beach locations, (although since you are going on a weekend, everywhere will be busy, but Cha Am will still have less people than other destinations), and is primarily Thai. Just get a city bus or taxi to the southern bus terminal, (it's on the west side of the river), and take a bus down.

If you do this, I would suggest that after taking the bus back to Bangkok, that you use a pedestrian bridge to cross over the road from the southern bus terminal, and catch a taxi from there. If you take one from the terminal they have to drive quite far before they can U-turn to get back to town.

Edited by Meridian007

is it Koh Samet near koh samed?..i remembered that last weekend i went to a place called koh samed

Why not visit Koh Samet Island. Its 2 hour taxi drive from Bangkok or you can get a bus from Ekamai but note its about 4 hours on the bus to Ban Phe. Its on the eastern seaboard about 17 kms east of rayong province. You go to a city called ban phe which is the point you can catch a ferry to the island. Rather than stay on the island and pay high season rates do day trips and stay in a guesthouse in ban phe far more economical. Ferries leave every hour and are cheap. Some guesthouses are Bedrock Guesthouse Bar and Grill or Christies Guesthouse

where can i book this day trip to Kanchanaburi?

but where can i take the boat? i stay at sathorn. is there any per nearby?

ER...:)```

Thats a good trip - but just make sure you dont step into any dog sh!t. The island is full of strays and its small paths are full of it.

primarily Thai?

how long will it take to reach the place?

Wow, great suggestion! That's a new one to me, I will definitely try it!

If you want the (IMHO) simplest solution, try Cha Am. It is much quieter than the other beach locations, (although since you are going on a weekend, everywhere will be busy, but Cha Am will still have less people than other destinations), and is primarily Thai. Just get a city bus or taxi to the southern bus terminal, (it's on the west side of the river), and take a bus down.

If you do this, I would suggest that after taking the bus back to Bangkok, that you use a pedestrian bridge to cross over the road from the southern bus terminal, and catch a taxi from there. If you take one from the terminal they have to drive quite far before they can U-turn to get back to town.

i'm also thinking about that.

but which area of Pattaya to stay is the best? central Pattaya , the north beach or the south ?

Take a bus to Pattaya.

North Pattaya / Nahklua or Jomtien if you want to be away from (most of) the bars.

Central and South if you want to be near the bars.

You could visit Soi 7 Beer Garden. Its not that far in a taxi and when you arrive there is so much to see and do.

On arrival you will probably be greeted by another westerner zig zagging his way toward the front enterance.

Once inside you can sit and enjoy the a cool refreshing drink while listening to the many tunes being played.

After viewing the surroundings for an hour or so you will have the opportunity to chat with all types of people from all walks of life and nationalities , they may be singing and laughing , you may be lucky enough to catch that special snapshot to take home.

You can chat and enjoy the atmosphere for hours while not even leaving Bangkok.

Truely a memorable experience not to be missed by any would be traveller.

:)

You could visit Soi 7 Beer Garden. Its not that far in a taxi and when you arrive there is so much to see and do.

On arrival you will probably be greeted by another westerner zig zagging his way toward the front enterance.

Once inside you can sit and enjoy the a cool refreshing drink while listening to the many tunes being played.

After viewing the surroundings for an hour or so you will have the opportunity to chat with all types of people from all walks of life and nationalities , they may be singing and laughing , you may be lucky enough to catch that special snapshot to take home.

You can chat and enjoy the atmosphere for hours while not even leaving Bangkok.

Truely a memorable experience not to be missed by any would be traveller.

:)

or just stay at home and watch national geographic - the OP seems like such an adventurous guy!

Okay, sorry to do this within a quote, but it seems the easiest way to answer all your questions. My answers are in Blue.

primarily Thai?

how long will it take to reach the place?

As others have said, Cha Am is mainly visited by Thai people rather than foreigners, (if you would prefer foreigners, I suggest Pattaya), and it takes approximately 2.5-3 hours to get to Cha Am by bus.

i've already been to ayuthaya. cha am and hua hin sound interesting. but where is sai tai mai terminal?

The new Sai Tai Mai terminal is the Southern Bus Terminal, it is here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Questions

is it Koh Samet near koh samed?..i remembered that last weekend i went to a place called koh samed

They are the same place, just different spellings.

but where can i take the boat? i stay at sathorn. is there any per nearby?

You are very close to Sathorn Pier, (or "Tha Sathorn" if you're telling a taxi driver. It might alternately be called "Tha Sap-han Thaksin"). I assume that they can sell you a ticket on the pier for the green or yellow line that goes to Pak Kred. There is a Sunday tour as well, that you can see here.

Enjoy! :)