Non -immy 'o-a' Long Term Visa

A couple of people I know have Non-Imm 'O - A' long term visas.

One is an English gentleman who obtained his in Singapore, the other is a US citizen who obtained his in the USA.

In both cases they are valid for 12 months, with no need to do a visa run, but require a 90 report as a retirement visa does.

Anyone else come across these?

But you can only obtain from your country of official residence so the English gentleman must have been living in Singapore. They are the retirement visa - what you obtain inside Thailand is an extension of stay for retirement. In addition to financial proof they also require a medical report and police report.

Just read this article and I have a question.

Just got my Non-O 1 year Visa. when entering Thailand, I was asking some immigration officer at the airport how I have to report but he didn't answer me and gave me instead a phone number: 1178 (if I remember right). So I have to report to my area-immigration officer every 3 month and that's it?

Look at your permitted to stay until stamp. If you have a normal non immigrant O multi entry visa you must leave by that date, which will be 90 days from entry date. You can return from another country and get a new 90 day stamp as long as the visa is valid.

Just read this article and I have a question.

Just got my Non-O 1 year Visa. when entering Thailand, I was asking some immigration officer at the airport how I have to report but he didn't answer me and gave me instead a phone number: 1178 (if I remember right). So I have to report to my area-immigration officer every 3 month and that's it?

If you have a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa you have to leave the country every 90 days.

If you have a Non Imm O-A Visa you report your address to your local immigration office every 90 days.

The day you entered being day one.

If you leave the country within those 90 days the clock starts again when you return.