Success!

Went to Chaeng Wattana today, not many people there around 10am, and the whole extension of stay, based on retirement and 800K on bank account, was finished in just 10 minutes.

Thanks to the diligent ThaiVisa experts here and their endless help!

Had all documents/copies ready and no question asked.

After this, I went to get my multiple reentry permit. That took longer, 3 slow officers doing frequent coffee breaks and a bunch of Filipinos waiting patiently. But an hour later and 3800 Bt less in my pocket, this was solved as well.

Taxi driver did not know the immigration office. They often want to drop you at the corner Chaeng Wattana/Soi 7. Do not exit there, the immigration is the huge modern building about 2km down, right hand end of the soi!

I have a question nevertheless: when I reenter Thailand after a journey, what shall I write in the arrival form TM6? The old, "used" non-immigrant- visa number where my extension is based on? Or just don't fill out the visa entry?

I have been using the "Extension of Stay" in the visa box. It does make more sense to use the "Re-Entry Permit" as suggested by Thaiphoon. I am going to start using the "Re-Entry Permit".

Taxi driver did not know the immigration office. They often want to drop you at the corner Chaeng Wattana/Soi 7. Do not exit there, the immigration is the huge modern building about 2km down, right hand end of the soi!

You are right about a taxi wanting to drop you off at the corner. It happened to me too.

Edited by tripplejjj

It is the re-entry permit that keeps your extension of stay alive, so that is the number that should be used. Suspect immigration probably changed the number on TM6 to the correct one.

Just to add my thanks for this important information T.P.

I often wondered about the original and obviously out of date visa reference of several years ago not matching todays stuff.

marshbags :)

I'm getting on a bit and each year forget the list of docs required for the retirement extension.

I suppose mods get sick of answering this question it seems countless times, but can I ask it again here?

I did ask a couple of weeks back, I thought nicely but have had no answer.

For perhaps a couple of the most asked questions about marriage or retirement extensions, would a "Pinned" list be possible, or does the requirement change often.

Different officers/offices often ask for slightly different items. For retirement it is your proof of money (bank letter/copies of passbook/three month record - or Embassy letter of income or combination) (some will require that day ATM receipt or transaction to confirm), copies of passport/arrival card, TM.7 with current photo attached and 1,900 baht fee. Some will ask for proof of where you live and/or a map.

You should put your re-entry permit number in the 'visa number' box on Form TM6. Make sure the immigration stamp date you receive on entry is correct. It should agree with the expiry date of your extension.

so, where it says 'Admitted until' on the airport immigration entry stamp we should see the expiry date for our extension when in possession of a re-entry permit when we walk away from the desk?

I have my first extension in hand and this is good to know as these particulars are never advised at the local office during the routine application process...

this of course has nothing to do with the start of the 90 day reporting period on entry...what to do if some cop decided that an incorrect stamp (ie., admitted for 90 days) indicated that one had overstayed after the 90 day report after entry?

sheesh :)

Congratulations Greensnapper, it's certainly a great feeling when it's all done and dusted.

As they say on my planet "live long and prosper". :)

PS Don't forget to download the ThaiVisa 90 day calculator, a great little program.