Breakfast Like A King...

Bearnagh

The Ancient proverb tells us that the road to good health can be found by Eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.

Where are your best breakfast spots in/around Chiangmai folks? Where's the king's breakfast for you?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps more importantly, where's the search function that allows me to retrieve the answers from this question that has been asked repeatedly.

Oh - do the places around the city never change?

Over the past four years NO, not much. Search Function.

Bake and Bite gets my vote. I love the British breakfast but not in Chiang Mai.I have had it in every venue that has been mentioned on this form. Every British breakfast I have eaten tast as if it is soaked in 10w 40 motor oil. This is not the case in Pattaya, Bangkok, Hua Hin, etc. I can not come up with a good answer for this in Chiang Mai.

Yup, Art Cafe at Thapae gate has great farang breakfast.

Agreed. Their only problem, along with most others, is the warm white bread they serve, masquerading as toast. Its still white. If you want real toast you have to tell them to cook the bread till its properly brown pointing to the colour brown somewhere in the vicinity. They do it. Even those moving toasters they use in buffet breakfasts like Amari or Duangtawan don't produce toast the first time round. You have to put it through the mill for a second go. And at the buffets you get cold fried eggs at Art Cafe they'e freshly cooked.They can fry an egg.The bacon is delicious.

They do have good whole wheat and seven grain bread, but I agree that they never toast it properly unless you get one of the more clever staff members (Lucky or Kulab) and make a big deal out of what you want. However, the buttermilk pancakes are good and they are only place in town that serves that style.

Bake and Bite gets my vote. I love the British breakfast but not in Chiang Mai.I have had it in every venue that has been mentioned on this form. Every British breakfast I have eaten tast as if it is soaked in 10w 40 motor oil. This is not the case in Pattaya, Bangkok, Hua Hin, etc. I can not come up with a good answer for this in Chiang Mai.

Oh, PULEEEZE! Anybody who wants to know how you feel about this should just use the mighty Search Function! :)

They do have good whole wheat and seven grain bread, but I agree that they never toast it properly unless you get one of the more clever staff members (Lucky or Kulab) and make a big deal out of what you want. However, the buttermilk pancakes are good and they are only place in town that serves that style.

The pancakes are the best - particularly the mango pancakes. Plus, they have the only 'real' sausage (they make it themselves) that I have found in Thailand. Definitely the best breakfast in Chiang Mai.

Where is Pun Pun guest house?

Pun Pun thread and map:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3280862

It's curious that the PunPun should come up so early in the thread. Oddly enough I was there within the past week. I would normally opt for their "Superman Breakfast", which means I don't need to eat for the rest of the day! On this occasion though I tried out something different they were suggesting, which hasn't actually found its way into the current menu...

A breakfast sub sandwich.

Half of a long french bread - over a foot long - real soft, just straight from the bakery. In there they put mayonaise and loads of salty smoked bacon slices. I actually bought a second one to take home!

Not perhaps the traditional US or British breakfast but it sure hit the spot for me!

guys these threads always border on being perceived by moderators as being a form of advertising for the venue. I look at them as being a way of spreading the word amongst the members of where to find a great pizza, ribs, English Style breakfast, late night snack etc BUT please do everyone a favour including the owner of the venue by putting more into your posts. A post such as "Bar XYZ does the best breakfast" is useless, tells us nothing and is pretty much a waste of electrons. Tell us WHY it is good, why it is better than the others, and put in some prices and selections available. That way they become useful reviews and have a much higher chance of staying alive.

One other point - in the past, some owners have either done blatant self promotion or had a mate put up a thread that reads like an advertisement. Please remember we mods walk a line between what is information for our members and protecting our sponsors.

Regards

CB

Just fyi - I liked the breakfast at the Laughing Leprechaun, Mad Dogs, and the Olde Belle. Not been home to CM for 12 months now and so things may have changed.

Pun Pun thread and map:

Half of a long french bread - over a foot long - real soft, just straight from the bakery. In there they put mayonaise and loads of salty smoked bacon slices. I actually bought a second one to take home!

A cholesterol sandwich. Yumm! :D:)

Perhaps more importantly, where's the search function that allows me to retrieve the answers from this question that has been asked repeatedly.

Thai Visa search engine sucks!

Just ask the question again, it saves so much time

David

Edited by DavidOxon

Thai Visa search engine sucks!

Just ask the question again, it saves so much time

David

Well I dunno about the search engine... but I figured the forum was for conversationists, rather than librarians.

It's good to talk eh?

:)

Dont really go for brealfast but when in the Mai tend to doss down in the Dun2-1 and their eat wotever ...its the bees knees.

We have even got to know some of the staff/chefs (visited our place in Maeon) and are always guaranteed a good nosh...especially the OMA-Lets....but nowhere seems to get the bangers right...but hey..... WHO cares...MPR... :)

I like the Art cafe when I am craving a farang breakfast. The pancakes are great and the price is decent. I also like (I want to say John's place) on walking street, it used to be the library and a myriad of other stores prior. This was close to my house and work, but also a decent price.

Normally I would eat koaw Kai Jeow, eggs on rice. But I would say about once or twice a month I want a farang breakfast.

Pun Pun thread and map:

A cholesterol sandwich. Yumm! :D:D

Remember guys, a long , long, time ago when moms used to tell you "don't do that , you'll go blind" ?? .... and of course the answer was well I'll just do it until I need glasses......

Now-a-days the phrasing may go a little differently ..... "you should eat this or you should not eat that, and you will live longer... [miserably I would add] ..... or .... the answer may be " I'll eat the high cholesterol sandwichs and whatever makes my stomach happy......[maybe a shorter time, but happier] and I'll stop when I feel the chest pains".

:)

Permit me to introduce (perhaps, my search engine is sluggish this morning - no coffee) "Praties." Ham, eggs, beans, sausage, juice, wonderful fluffy eggs. Four leafed clover sign.

It is a relatively new shop behind the Rimping in the Meechok Market with congenial owners.

I have no fiscal relationship, but have simply eaten there and too much. Like the coffee too.

guys these threads always border on being perceived by moderators as being a form of advertising for the venue. I look at them as being a way of spreading the word amongst the members of where to find a great pizza, ribs, English Style breakfast, late night snack etc BUT please do everyone a favour including the owner of the venue by putting more into your posts. A post such as "Bar XYZ does the best breakfast" is useless, tells us nothing and is pretty much a waste of electrons. Tell us WHY it is good, why it is better than the others, and put in some prices and selections available. That way they become useful reviews and have a much higher chance of staying alive.

One other point - in the past, some owners have either done blatant self promotion or had a mate put up a thread that reads like an advertisement. Please remember we mods walk a line between what is information for our members and protecting our sponsors.

Regards

CB

Just fyi - I liked the breakfast at the Laughing Leprechaun, Mad Dogs, and the Olde Belle. Not been home to CM for 12 months now and so things may have changed.

Read your own post for f@*k sake.

And the reason you like the Laughing Leprechaun,Mad Dogs and the Olde Bell is.....

Reminds me of some jumped up hypocrite of a school prefect wagging his finger at a first year pupil. :)

Regards

CB

Read your own post for f@*k sake.

And the reason you like the Laughing Leprechaun,Mad Dogs and the Olde Bell is.....

Reminds me of some jumped up hypocrite of a school prefect wagging his finger at a first year pupil. :)

....would the word " touche' " seem to fit......

:D