Visa Run To Mukdahan Do They Issue Tourist Visas?

thinking of going to laos through Mukdahan, border and over to savannakhet to thai embassy / consulte, i hear (on here) that i wont probably get a tourist double entry, what are the chances of getting a single entry????

any info will be helpful, but please only reply if you personally have been (or a good friend in) the last say 6 months.

Thanks

Suspect the reason why Savannakhet has 'dropped off the map' is because double entry tourist visas have been available free of charge at Vientiane. Single entry tourist visa only at Savannakhet - based on member comment last month.

Hi all,

I did a Visa run through Mukdahan Border Control point into Laos (Savannakhet) with my girlfriend in November. She filled out 2 forms at the Muk bus station based on her new Thai ID card, (she had no passport then), and we crossed over. 1500 baht for a 30 Day Visa on Arrival for me.

Booked into NongSoda Guesthouse, really spacious and clean, fridge, TV, and a 2 minute walk to the Thai Consulate next door. Also near the Riverside Restaurant where the food was awesome and the Beer Lao cold. You can also eat up on the roadside restaurants which are good value and the food fine. never had any digestive complaints. Laos people are nice, happy and poor. They need your kip (Laos currency).

Be sure to arrive at the Thai Consulate at 0900 as the line grows quickly. I was there at 10.00 and had around 70 people there, whom were efficinetly dispatched by the 2 Thai Consulate staff working. Waited around 45 mins. Not bad. Left my application and passport there, and applied for a single entry 60 day TR. No doubles given at that time. Don't know about now, and free of course.

Returned at 1400 the next day and after a 20 minute wait I received my 60 Day visa, which I could have extended a further 30 days to a total of 90 days on the one visa, but left the country to go to work.

IMHO, Savannakhet is a great place to do a visa run.

Cheers

Suspect the reason why Savannakhet has 'dropped off the map' is because double entry tourist visas have been available free of charge at Vientiane. Single entry tourist visa only at Savannakhet - based on member comment last month.

Hi all,

I did a Visa run through Mukdahan Border Control point into Laos (Savannakhet) with my girlfriend in November. She filled out 2 forms at the Muk bus station based on her new Thai ID card, (she had no passport then), and we crossed over. 1500 baht for a 30 Day Visa on Arrival for me.

Booked into NongSoda Guesthouse, really spacious and clean, fridge, TV, and a 2 minute walk to the Thai Consulate next door. Also near the Riverside Restaurant where the food was awesome and the Beer Lao cold. You can also eat up on the roadside restaurants which are good value and the food fine. never had any digestive complaints. Laos people are nice, happy and poor. They need your kip (Laos currency).

Be sure to arrive at the Thai Consulate at 0900 as the line grows quickly. I was there at 10.00 and had around 70 people there, whom were efficinetly dispatched by the 2 Thai Consulate staff working. Waited around 45 mins. Not bad. Left my application and passport there, and applied for a single entry 60 day TR. No doubles given at that time. Don't know about now, and free of course.

Returned at 1400 the next day and after a 20 minute wait I received my 60 Day visa, which I could have extended a further 30 days to a total of 90 days on the one visa, but left the country to go to work.

IMHO, Savannakhet is a great place to do a visa run.

Cheers

"No doubles given at that time."

did you see anyone apply or was told of anyone getting refused at all?

thanks very much a good report.

ps i have just phoned the consulte, he didnt answear so ill presume hes on his cornflakes and will call me soon :)

i may just go anyways as i want to see the 2nd friendshipbrige, trouble is i have about 5 friends going with me and they all seem to be counting pennies and want 6 months if you like.

thanks again

"Savannakhet does not appear to be a popular destination for getting a tourist visa, don't know why"

same same, so ill try go see, see if we cant be nice to them and cross thier palms with silver for a x2, just would make a nice change from vientiene although its nice ive been loads of time now.

again thanks

Hi,

I was told before going no Double Entry TR's were being issued there at that time. Can't speak for now.

Never looked at anyone else's apps, but an old hand who had been going there for years said he preferred it over Vientienne, and had never seen a Double issued.

You will drop around 5000 Baht minimum per person for the trip, without going crazy.

Enjoy the trip.

Any ides on whether Vientienne issue double entry visas and wat docuentaton do they require hope someone can help me. Thanks

Vientiane is the only place issuing double entry tourist visas within the region AFAIK. That said, there was a member report a few days ago indicating he only got single entry tourist visa, so maybe the consulate is holding back on issuing double entry tourist visas until after the "free visa" period ends on 4th March 2010.

Required paperwork and application form can be found on the embassy website here. Remember you will need a visa for Laos, which can be obtained at the border. Fee is around 1,500 baht (depends on nationality) and you will need recent passport sized photo too.

I did a Visa run through Mukdahan Border Control point into Laos (Savannakhet) with my girlfriend in November...

Thank you very much for your report, mld532. It is good to have a recent report of getting a single-entry tourist visa at Savannakeht. It will give other members confidence to apply there if a single-entry visa is all they need. I have added a link to your report in my list:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Latest-Repor...on-t189375.html

--

Maestro

I did a Visa run through Mukdahan Border Control point into Laos (Savannakhet) with my girlfriend in November...

Thank you very much for your report, mld532. It is good to have a recent report of getting a single-entry tourist visa at Savannakeht. It will give other members confidence to apply there if a single-entry visa is all they need. I have added a link to your report in my list:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Latest-Repor...on-t189375.html

--

Maestro

Hello Maestro,

You are very welcome for the report Maestro. A pleasure to return a little to the forum I have taken a lot from. Best info here on the Web for all things Thai.

Will report on further Visa runs. Savannakhet was a pleasurable low key, enjoyable 3 day visa run/holiday. No hassle and Beer Lao rocks.

Seeya round.

Gong Xi Fa Cai

• 2 years later...

Dear All,

I would just like to inform you that from May 1st, we have launched a new Thai Visa Run Program to Savannakhet, Lao PDR. Our pricing is currently very competitive as we are looking to attract more expats living in Thailand to visit our Hotel & Entertainment Complex. We also provide VIP service assistance for Visa application and passport collection (in the majority of cases, we can go through the whole process on your behalf). The easiest way to join our program is to arrive at Mukdahan, where our welcome center is located. I won't bore everyone with the full details, as they are available at the following website: www.savanvegas.com/visarun should you be interested. There is also a contact form on that page if you have any questions for me.

Thank you and best regards,

Savan Vegas Hotel & Entertainment Complex.