Deep Purple Live In Bangkok 2010

maipenrai2010

Where is the show? The only major concert I have seen in LOS was Roger Waters back in about 02, worst run show I had ever seen. The attendants didn't know where to seat anyone and them leading me around to my seat took nearly an hour causing me to miss half the show, the acoustics were terrible and even though Waters was decent the sound really sucked, beer ran out before the show even started.

Leaves me to wonder if a good rock show can be seen in Thailand. Anyone have better experiences?

Maybe when they were young, but now who is going to waste time and money to see a bunch of third rate fossils play songs that were popular 40 years ago? :)

I would in a heart beat love to go. But then again, I like 40 year books too.:D))

I personally think this will be one of the best 'rock' shows Bangkok is going to get this year and the oldies have still got enough balls to come in play here!

Rock on!

I saw Deep Purple, or at least the then current reincarnation of Deep Purple, in the Spectrum (the indoor stadium they used for basketball and hockey games) in Philadelphia some time around 1984 or 1985. It was so loud that that the concrete pillars holding up the roof seemed to be vibrating. The band appeared to be playing well but the fidelity of the sound was so poor (it wasn't just massively loud, it was muffled sounding to boot) that the whole thing could only be called absurd. Most of the stoners in the audience didn't seem to notice that anything was amiss though. Would have been better off staying home and listening to the old LPs.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Deep Purple 2002 concert in Bangkok was one of my best concert experience and I am delighted to see them again -front row this time-. I expect the sound to be better in Thunder Dome than Impact Arena. Yes, it is no more Richie Blackmore or John Lord, but Rock'n roll is a spirit, an attitude, and believe me these guys still deliver. It can't be anything else, just try to imagine the taste of a top brand 40-year mature whisky. Those who doubt about Steve Morse abilities should watch Australia 99/Total Abandon video, you'll be stoned.

As to know which band will provide the best rock concert in Thailand in 2010, it's not a done deal. They have to beat Green Day (electrifying concert in Jan), a surprisingly funky performance from 69 year-old Tom Jones plus... who knows, maybe by the end of the year we could get... Rammstein?!

On Friday, "Vive le Rock" and let's Burn...!

Unfortunately I can’t go to the Deep Purple concert, because I got a tinnitus. :) Will someone tape or film the show?

Please send me a PM if you’ll recording the show, thanks a lot! :D And another question: Who taped the Deep Purple shows in 1991 and 2002 and will trade?

Deep Purple 2002 concert in Bangkok was one of my best concert experience and I am delighted to see them again -front row this time-. I expect the sound to be better in Thunder Dome than Impact Arena. Yes, it is no more Richie Blackmore or John Lord, but Rock'n roll is a spirit, an attitude, and believe me these guys still deliver. It can't be anything else, just try to imagine the taste of a top brand 40-year mature whisky. Those who doubt about Steve Morse abilities should watch Australia 99/Total Abandon video, you'll be stoned.

As to know which band will provide the best rock concert in Thailand in 2010, it's not a done deal. They have to beat Green Day (electrifying concert in Jan), a surprisingly funky performance from 69 year-old Tom Jones plus... who knows, maybe by the end of the year we could get... Rammstein?!

On Friday, "Vive le Rock" and let's Burn...!

Unfortunately I can't go to the Deep Purple concert, because I got a tinnitus. :) Will someone tape or film the show?

Please send me a PM if you'll recording the show, thanks a lot! :D And another question: Who taped the Deep Purple shows in 1991 and 2002 and will trade?

joyraider,

check your inbox, have sent you a pm.