Solar Home System Soon In Ayutthaya

george

'Solar Home' system in Ayutthaya

AYUTTHAYA: -- Households in Thailand's central province of Ayutthaya which have been inaccessible to the local power supply service for years will soon be provided with the solar power supply instead, thanks to a new move by the Provincial Electrictity Authority (PEA).

The PEA announced yesterday that it would establish the solar-cells system in the province' communities, to which the current power service had been incessible, by the end of this year.

The move is part of the PEA's Solar Home System initiative.

A number of households in the country's old capital city have been inaccessible to the power supply although the province is just over 100 kilometre far from Bangkok, accordign to local journalists.

The PEA's initiative is expected to expand to other provincial areas having faced the same problem in the near future.

--TNA 2005-05-09

Does anybody know of any photovoltaic (not H2O heating) panels being manufactured in TH or is it all imported stuff?

Thai Photovoltaics, but not clear if they're open for business:

http://www.thaiphotovoltaics.com/home.asp

There's another one, I found it a while back, that actually had a functioning and interesting English and Thai website. I can't find it now though. They were somewhere on Bangna-Trad.

Leonics

Not sure the solarpanels are manufactured locally, but all the needed accesories like charge controllers, inverters, etc are locally made on the design of their own R&D department.

And the stuff works excellent! I have a 3500 Watt charger/inverter from them in use on my yacht and it works a dream. My PC doesn't even flinch when switching between shorepower, generator or batteries!