Uk Pensioner?

Not all pensioners know this but if you are married and your wife is not working.. you can claim an extra 57 pounds a week on your pension. The problem is that if you don't claim it before April 5th 2010 you will lose it forever. If you can get your claim in before 5th April.. you can claim the extra allowance till April 2020. The form you need is IPC368A. They don't have this form on the web site.. you have to request it from Newcastle.

The problem is they are not in a hurry to send it. I have requested it 4 times now and still waiting. But I have a copy now.. and have sent my claim in. My friends claim went through and he was paid 2000 pounds back benefit too.. If you want a copy of the form message me and I will forward a copy. Remember you have to be receiving your pension now or before April 2010 to claim. It makes no difference what nationality or age of your wife but you must have a marriage certificate and a birth certificate for your wife. If you need any more info contact me.

your wife needs a N/I number as well,before you get your pension increase.

You are correct to a certain extent.. but what happens is your wife will be allocated a a NI number on a successful application.

only if you apply for it, seperate application from pension.

You are correct to a certain extent.. but what happens is your wife will be allocated a a NI number on a successful application.

Not true.. I spoke to Newcastle last week... they assign a NI number to to all successful applications. Call them and they will inform you.. but just to make sure.. I will call them again to clarify.. and post here.

Not true.. I spoke to Newcastle last week... they assign a NI number to to all successful applications. Call them and they will inform you.. but just to make sure.. I will call them again to clarify.. and post here.

hope your right,,i applied when we were in uk, so maybe different rules apply from abroad any best of luck with your application, you are fully entilted to it

Confirmed with Newcastle... NI number is allocated on submission of correct documents. Your wife does not have to be in UK to receive NI number.

I'm a bit baffled by this thread. Are you guys "ordinarily resident" in the UK? And if not, how do you get increases to your UK State pension? I've only been in Thailand for about 18 months and The Pension Service has decided I'm not eligible for the annual increase as I'm not "ordinarily resident" in the UK even though they know I pay £75 every month for furniture storage and I told them I have every intention of returning to live in the UK.

I'm a bit baffled by this thread. Are you guys "ordinarily resident" in the UK? And if not, how do you get increases to your UK State pension? I've only been in Thailand for about 18 months and The Pension Service has decided I'm not eligible for the annual increase as I'm not "ordinarily resident" in the UK even though they know I pay £75 every month for furniture storage and I told them I have every intention of returning to live in the UK.

They are talking about the dependants allowance, rather than any annual general increases.

I think it used to come under what was called "married mans allowance"

Penkoprod

Confirmed with Newcastle... NI number is allocated on submission of correct documents. Your wife does not have to be in UK to receive NI number.

This is for pensioners who have a dependant wife who has no income. It don't matter if you live in the UK or overseas you are entitled to claim this additional allowance. You are not entitled to annual increases if are residing overseas... well not at present anyway.. A european court will give a judgment in March/April on whether the UK government have to give overseas pensioners the increases. As for the allowance if you are married receiving a UK government pension you can make this claim up to April 5th 2010

You are not entitled to annual increases if are residing overseas... well not at present anyway.. A european court will give a judgment in March/April on whether the UK government have to give overseas pensioners the increases. As for the allowance if you are married receiving a UK government pension you can make this claim up to April 5th 2010

It all depends on which country you are "overseas" in though

All those residing in the member states of the EEC, plus a few other countries with a reciprocal agreements with the UK get the yearly increases.

These include countries like Barbados, Israel, Philippines, Turkey, USA and the former Yugoslvian countries such as Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro and others besides

And i wouldnt hold my breath thinking that the ECHR will be ruling in pensioners favour, either.

Penkoprod