Bed Supper Club

sokal

They both offer an alternative to the red light scene or the Thai style dance around your bar stool night out, this is why they have been successful for so long.

They are both populated by an eclectic mix of party goers out for a night out, who can afford the prices behind the bar. Some are models, some are freelancers, some are in legitimate business, some are not, and some are just tourists... its like pubs and clubs anywhere, you never know who you'll meet, I met Eric Cantona in Q Bar once.

I can't help but wonder why you came and asked about a bar when it seems you've got your mind made up anyway? Was it to start a discussion over how badly you were treated? Or are you seriously looking for advice on a bar? Because if so, I can't see it.

There is a dress code and the people get fairly pimped out when they go to Q bar so I have to disagree on that. Nana is scum, trashy old bastards everywhere.

No shorts/flipflops/vests - hardly counts as a dress code. :D

Why do I think you have a problem wherever you go? As for Nana plenty young lads there, so not just old gits. :)

There is a dress code and the people get fairly pimped out when they go to Q bar so I have to disagree on that. Nana is scum, trashy old bastards everywhere.

No shorts/flipflops/vests - hardly counts as a dress code. :D

Why do I think you have a problem wherever you go? As for Nana plenty young lads there, so not just old gits. :)

I will just wear my suit with no tie the next time I go to Q or Bed supper club

I seen allot of flashy ladies at Qbar that looked like BGs. Thats what I am trying to figure out, do BGs hang out at hi-so places ?

Qbar isn't even remotely hi-so, medium-so, or anything so. It's just a disguised brothel in the farang ghetto for people who want to pretend they're too good for Nana Plaza. It's not a 'normal' disco

LOL, so true..

That is BS. Q bar is a decent place. So if a guy like you accuses everyone at Q bar as being Nana scum then where the he_l do us normal people go ? where do you go ?

I never said people at Nana are scum, I like to go there sometimes too. Q Bar is basically an expensive version of Nana Disco with lots of people that are pretending otherwise, I don't see any reason to ever go. It's even a lot of the same chicks. If I want to go to a club I'll go to RCA, Thonglor, or a host of other places.

You dont know what you are talking about and would do well to listen to those that do know. Qbar is full of hookers, however.... it also has some normal people in it which is why there is a little confusion. On your part an on others. Having gone there for 6 years I can tell you, lots of hookers! I did meet my business professional girlfriend of 6 years there though so it isnt all that bad.

Bed was awesome 6 years ago, used to go there every Tuesday. Now... meh. It will have a bizarre mix, from celebrities to hookers and everything in between.

That is BS. Q bar is a decent place. So if a guy like you accuses everyone at Q bar as being Nana scum then where the he_l do us normal people go ? where do you go ?

I never said people at Nana are scum, I like to go there sometimes too. Q Bar is basically an expensive version of Nana Disco with lots of people that are pretending otherwise, I don't see any reason to ever go. It's even a lot of the same chicks. If I want to go to a club I'll go to RCA, Thonglor, or a host of other places.

You dont know what you are talking about and would do well to listen to those that do know. Qbar is full of hookers, however.... it also has some normal people in it which is why there is a little confusion. On your part an on others. Having gone there for 6 years I can tell you, lots of hookers! I did meet my business professional girlfriend of 6 years there though so it isnt all that bad.

Bed was awesome 6 years ago, used to go there every Tuesday. Now... meh. It will have a bizarre mix, from celebrities to hookers and everything in between.

There is a difference between the hookers in Nana and the hookers at Q bar though. Some girls are just hookers on the side too, hookers are a grey area in Thailand.

Brit I don't think it does but I have heard many complaints from guys who spend all evening buying a nice friendly attractive girl some drinks and eventually get asked "how much will you pay me?". I think this annoys some people as the outward appearance of both places is not similar to a massage, brothel, or more obvious freelance pickup joint like thermae etc.

Brit I don't think it does but I have heard many complaints from guys who spend all evening buying a nice friendly attractive girl some drinks and eventually get asked "how much will you pay me?". I think this annoys some people as the outward appearance of both places is not similar to a massage, brothel, or more obvious freelance pickup joint like thermae etc.

Easy way around that Will - just pre-qualify them before you buy them a drink.

"Hi there, my name is Will, do you come here every night?"

Gal "Yes, I wear black and I am here most nights" (clue number one)

Will, "I see, you work for the bar or somewhere else?" (sneaky but affective)

Gal, "I work for you" (clue number two)

Will, "What do you mean you work for me?"

Gal, "I am your waitress, would you like a drink?'

Edited by bkkjames

lol.. the problem with places like this is that the girls will check the guys 'credentials' also, if the guy is a well dressed, long term expat then theres little chance they will reveal if they are a whore by asking for cash, and will look to bagging the guy long term rather than for the night.. The true colours will always come out eventually, but it's a bit of a mine field to say the least..

Maybe the OP just turns off the Thai crowd when he tells them that their money -- that they worked so hard to get so that they could conspicuously spend in the clubs -- is Worthless Fiat Money.

Edited by jazzbo

Well part of the game I'm afraid, and if she ended up asking for dosh in such a scenario that alone would blow it for her, well unless the lad is interested. (IMHO chatting about dosh is not so sexy) In summary - Wasted drinks and time is all that is lost. (also maybe a bruised ego) :)

Edited by britmaveric

lol.. the problem with places like this is that the girls will check the guys 'credentials' also, if the guy is a well dressed, long term expat then theres little chance they will reveal if they are a whore by asking for cash, and will look to bagging the guy long term rather than for the night.. The true colours will always come out eventually, but it's a bit of a mine field to say the least..

Yeah, its a grey area but some other posters don't seem to understand that.

Yeah, its a grey area but some other posters don't seem to understand that.

What a complete load of B.S. I mean from the get go the OP is just spouting nonsense.

Look, OP, nothing grey about anything, no matter where you are you will end up paying somehow for sex. In the western world how much money is spent on dates, dinners, concerts, before you get to bed down? So you don't give them the money directly, but the cash is still out there. You feel better about that because you don't hand money over directly, but as happened to someone I know, don't get yourself in trouble in BKK by not paying and end up out the window of a 20 floor hotel (Cops claimed he "jumped") because you think you are a 25 year old stud and shouldn't have to pay.

You always pay.....

What a complete load of B.S. I mean from the get go... No big surprise... All you would have to do is read some of the other 970 odd posts... and maybe I am on the 'Ignore' list for saying so about 300 or so posts ago.

Edited by jazzbo

LOL... Partly true, partly nonsense, you are comparing apples to oranges.

People are not going to end up getting thrown off balconies if they meet a girl who enjoys taking time with them and does not think sex is a financial transaction.

Yes, most of the time the guy will end up paying one way or another. But theres a slight difference between paying directly for a public toilet to paying for meals etc for a girl who doesn't think her pu$y is an ATM deposit machine for any guy who with a few notes. :)

What a complete load of B.S. I mean from the get go the OP is just spouting nonsense.

Look, OP, nothing grey about anything, no matter where you are you will end up paying somehow for sex. In the western world how much money is spent on dates, dinners, concerts, before you get to bed down? So you don't give them the money directly, but the cash is still out there. You feel better about that because you don't hand money over directly, but as happened to someone I know, don't get yourself in trouble in BKK by not paying and end up out the window of a 20 floor hotel (Cops claimed he "jumped") because you think you are a 25 year old stud and shouldn't have to pay.

You always pay.....

You obviously don't know me very well. I agree with your comments about sex and women 100%. You always pay, I know that. Its a grey area for people that don't understand that they always pay for sex in some form anyway.

LOL... Partly true, partly nonsense, you are comparing apples to oranges.

People are not going to end up getting thrown off balconies if they meet a girl who enjoys taking time with them and does not think sex is a financial transaction.

Yes, most of the time the guy will end up paying one way or another. But theres a slight difference between paying directly for a public toilet to paying for meals etc for a girl who doesn't think her pu$y is an ATM deposit machine for any guy who with a few notes. :)

A womans pussy is her asset, it is her leverage. It doesn't matter how she uses her leverage, weather its a prostitute or a girl just trying to find her ideal mate, it makes no difference, they are both just making use of their leverage.

You obviously don't know me very well. Well then, to better get to know the OP, how about one of his other of TODAY'S posts:

... That is only because the rest of the world is still using misguided keynesian policies like devaluing their own currency; when the rest of the world wakes up and stops using keynesian policies
then the US dollar is done.

You didn't see the US trying to devalue its currency when it was the biggest creditor export nation in the world, they where doing just the opposite, they where settling trade in gold. That is where the 8000 tons came from

That's right... the rest of the world is mis-guided... and you can say you read it here first when the dollar is done.

Edited by jazzbo

You always pay.....

Youre one of those people then.

So when your father took your mother out to dinner, she was akin to prostituting herself when she put out after? what about your sister is she a bit of an ol' slag for accepting a night out at the cinema followed by a kebab supper and a bit of "hows your father" from her ex?