Strong Waves Causes A Swim Ban In Phuket

george

Strong waves causes a swim ban in Phuket

PHUKET: -- The local authorities on the southern island resort of Phuket have warned tourists not to swim in the sea because of high waves and heavy rain along the Andaman coast.

Red flags have been placed along Patong beach banning swimming. Lifeguards have been stationed on the beach to protect the tourists.

Southern Meteorological officials have issued a warning to local fishermen to be aware of the south-eastern monsoon winds that are blowing across the Andaman Sea and Thailand's south-western coast.

Small boats have been warned not to go out to sea for the time being. Fishermen have been urged to follow the weather forecast closely, a local Meteorological officer told TNA.

Thunderstorms and torrential rains are expected to hit some of these areas in 48 hours. Waves are reportedly as high as three metres.

--TNA 2005-05-09

Bye, Bye Phuket!

Between the tsunami, the "ghosts", and the latest earthquake shock...glad I don't have to off-load any new property developments!

The only problem is--all the Phuket real estate hustlers have now come up to Pattaya! Having t listen to all these scum-bag con-men is a real "bore" ("buea" as they say in Thai).

Their by-line---"Pattaya just can't loose--due for upward momentum for the next 5 to 10 years!!".

I can only guess they used this "line" in Phuket for all those "enthusiastic" investors.

Reminds me of Mexico--Puerto Valerata, to be exact about 25 years ago.

Sell the "sizzle"--NOT the steak!

Point---In a property market that is a "made-market"--you invest at your own risk. Some people (agents, "flippers". etc.) make money---others LOOSE---ALOT!

Pattaya's "growth potential" is as clean as its beaches! You be the judge.

Phuket is still growing as it was prior to the Tsunami - you have no clue what is selling and what isnt, unless you are in the business here - we are doing great thankyou very much!

Pattaya has nothing on Phuket and anyone with any money or sense can see that.

Pattaya's "growth potential" is as clean as its beaches! You be the judge.

The potential is defintely there in Pattaya. But much of it depends on what they are going to do and how they continue to develop it. Over the last few years the approach has been more of the same. More of the same crumby beer bars everywhere. If they had more sense and catered for a wider variety of tourist I am sure it would do better for it. I think there's only so many bars a town can have before it reaches saturation point.