Workpermit

Actually in the back of your WP it says:

A permit holder must keep the permit WITH him OR at the place of work during working hours in order that it may be readily shown to the competent official or the Registrar. Any violation thereof shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand Bath.

So personally while I'd keep it at work, it would be ME holding it. She doesn't need to have it in HER office per se. As long as you have it with you when you're working.

I don't know about other types of work, but schools often do this to teachers to keep them on a leash as it were.

Actually in the back of your WP it says:

A permit holder must keep the permit WITH him OR at the place of work during working hours in order that it may be readily shown to the competent official or the Registrar. Any violation thereof shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand Bath.

So personally while I'd keep it at work, it would be ME holding it. She doesn't need to have it in HER office per se. As long as you have it with you when you're working.

I don't know about other types of work, but schools often do this to teachers to keep them on a leash as it were.

I'd agree with that. By law, you are responsible to keeping it with you while you work. How can you be responsible for it if you gave it to someone else? :o

what if you want to open a bank account? you'll need it. What if you need to present it for some other purpose (some internet connections, for example)? :D

then you'll need to come begging... can I please get my WP? just for a few hours?

Edited by ~G~

Mine is with my passport in my laptop bag all the time.

I can work anywhere in Thailand, so HR can't keep it.

after edit

I missed this :

How can you be responsible if you gave it to someone else?

If its with a responsible officer of the company, it may be ok, and if you only work in the one place.

Edited by mattnich