Need A Little Help With A Size Matter

karateka

Hi Ladys & Gents if you know ..

I have a Thai Girlfriend and she has asked me to bring her some good bras back from the uk as she would like a few nice things as she works hard for her money and only gets about 6,000 baht per month. But the problem i have is the size she said her size is 47-48 now she is not a small girl lol, i ask her what cup size she said she is not sure but i know about uk sizes but not thai size any help would be good i think she as just gave me a little mission ,,,lol ... thanks

She doesnt know what cup size she is? :) Tell her to get herself along to a good quality lingerie shop/department and have one of the ladies measure her. Alternatively (but not best) check the tag in the inside of the bra to see what size it is. Lastly, good idea to to take one of her bras back to the UK and get one of the ladies there to help you work out what might match up best. Bras can fit differently depending on style, so taking one of her bras along should help a bit. Would be a shame to buy good underwear and it not fit, so also be worth asking if the bras could be returned via post if they dont fit as she hoped.

Thats all i can think of to help. Maybe the other ladies have a better suggestion.

Best of luck.

problem with bras is that different brand do different cuts. I will fit a DD cup from M &S but wont from La Senza. Taking a bra along is a good idea, you can then just compare the cup size. Otherwise tell her to measure herself with a tape measure, first under her boobs around her ribs, the 2nd time around her boobs over her nipples (done bra/topless). Take the measurements to M&S & they will tell you the bra & cup size.

problem with bras is that different brand do different cuts. I will fit a DD cup from M &S but wont from La Senza. Taking a bra along is a good idea, you can then just compare the cup size. Otherwise tell her to measure herself with a tape measure, first under her boobs around her ribs, the 2nd time around her boobs over her nipples (done bra/topless). Take the measurements to M&S & they will tell you the bra & cup size.

Thanks Ladys i feel abit of a tit lol, asking here

Ooh little_muppet, i think most in the ladies forum would disagree. In other threads on bras, most women complain about the cut and quality of bras here. The cut and quality of bras in the west I believe are usually much better, particularly if C cup and above.

well sorted lol, 95d so a 42d lol thanks for your help she said you was a little shy to ask lol :D:D

..would still be a good idea to get a hold of one of her bras anyway, if you can. If you are in the UK atm, she could post one over. Its just an added precaution in getting the right size and shape..but if not, hope your purchases go well and she is a happy lady. :)

Ooh little_muppet, i think most in the ladies forum would disagree. In other threads on bras, most women complain about the cut and quality of bras here. The cut and quality of bras in the west I believe are usually much better, particularly if C cup and above.

maybe ,but im "B" lol and not so much problem here. :) i think brand bras here are great,u might find a prolem if u buy the no name one of the one that on a clearance sale (as mostly the QC said that they are in "Grade B" or below quality)

You are lucky! I find even quality shops are not easy for C and upwards. Depending on cut and style im either a C or D. I have a small back, so that doesnt help matters. Usually i have to go for a 34 C and hope for the best, but in the UK a 32 D is the best for me. Im not exactly huge, its just that with a small-ish back measurement its not easy to find a good fitting bra here. In the UK i could always find a 32D in a variety of really nice styles. Here if i ask for D cup im sent off to the granny bras section! So..I settle for a C cup that is good enough, rather than fitting perfect. I completely understand why many woman stock up on bras when they go "home" for a visit.

Kara, if your GF is in Bangkok I would tell her to head to Central Silom ASAP. Mid-last week the Central clearance shop had all their Marks & Sparks big size bras down from approx 2,000 baht to 300 baht. There were plenty of big sizes, your GF would easily find something there to fit. She might find they are still on sale.

(Remember - this was not in the main department store or M&S Section, it was in the clearance shop, which is in the main shopping centre, adjacent to the Central womenswear entrance.

• 4 weeks later...

I had been looking for the perfect bra for a couple of years and suddenly realised that I had to go to where the Russians ladies do their shopping, great sales in Tesco Lotus lately with Triumph! Still..if u want a firm supportive bra u have to order online if u r stuck here..

• 1 month later...