Why Do They Put An Orchid In The Front Bumper?

sunny747

i have noticed a lot of cars having a purple orchid stuck in front......i heard when they purchase new car, they put it for some ritual. But during the chinese new year weekends, i saw many old cars put an orchid in front.

really dying to know........why do they do it for?

i really need to know the exact reason.........do they make money out of their car? or is it blessing from the god to avoid accident for the rest of the year?

where do they get those orchid? from the temple ? .......does a monk provides these...............this is interesting...just need to know their culture..

When i asked my wife, she told me it is traditional to put flowers on the car grille during Chinese New Year for good luck/fortune. We then had an interesting discussion about how many Thais are really Chinese Thai in the sense that many of them probably can't easily trace back their Chinese roots - anyway that's maybe for another post :)

i have noticed a lot of cars having a purple orchid stuck in front......i heard when they purchase new car, they put it for some ritual. But during the chinese new year weekends, i saw many old cars put an orchid in front.

really dying to know........why do they do it for?

Its easier than a 40 foot spruce tree??????

I think it is Thais believe mixing with Chinese. Thais believes that each vehicle has a guardian spirit that has to be worshipped. Probably begins with boat when people were still using them as main transportation and then get carry over to cars. They call the spirit แม่ย่านาง and made food and flower for offerings in important events like Chinese New Year. Some do it only for the vehicle that they use to make money. Some do it for every vehicles they own