Buying A Bar In Phuket

sparky38

i am currently looking at buyin a bar or guesthouse bar probably in the phuket area.

i know all the pros--and many cons of doing this so that isnt the issue

one of my options is in the new tiger entertainment complex- could anyone tell me how busy this place is and if anyone has any knowledge of the place

also if anyone is aware of a guesthouse for sale or lease could they let me know

cheers

Sparky

bars are going for a song in phuket, due to a massive dowturn in tourists after the tsunami (77%downturn)

its also difficult to find bargirls to work in bars anywhere near the beach, as they wont go there , due to ghosts of the dead(as thet see it )

,the new complex you speak of would be unviable as the rent is far too high, some of the bars in the sois have shut up shop too, check-out www. phuket-info.com the site is owned by nicke who owns the mai tai bar in soi eric ,also there are other bar owners there too it wont be any good asking the bar owners if buisness is bad as they would never admit that over the internet, but there is a lot of advice there about the subject

thats the main reason that i have chosen phuket to buy a bar-i have been thinkin bout buyin a bar over in thailand for a while now.

the after effects re tourists will i think only affect trade for a few years then it will grow back to its old if not more trade levels.

If i can get in at the ground level on the cheap and ride out the bad downturn i would be in a good position when things pick up.

i was originally going to go to pattaya but the prices there are astronomical compared to phuket at the minute.

The bars under Tiger are too expensive.....the only two who would be making anything are Crazy Horse (the best looking girls, and plenty of them) and the Katoey bar next door (the best looking katoeys and plenty of them).

Come and live here for a few months before you buy anything...get used to the area, walk around and use your eyes and brain, not anything else.....don't believe any barowner, especially when there's no-one in the bar and they use the old "You have been here last night, you couldn't move in here " line.....

And don't believe accountants figures, they will be whatever the prospective seller tells the accountant to make them...

Good luck. If you come to Patong PM me and I'll take you for a beer.

oh BTW, get a new liver put on ice as your drinking WILL become out of control. I dont understand you guys who get bars, what a <deleted> life you lead while working in it.

Do something better with your money IMHO.

Thanks Bob i will definatly take you up on that offer. i suspected that the tiger bars would be quite dear.

i have looked a lot on the net-doing some research before i get out there. my intention was to go out there for a while before commiting myself to anything

as to the drinking- its a business not a prolonged holiday- i have run bars for many a year so i think i would be able to drink in moderation out there

as to the drinking- its a business not a prolonged holiday- i have run bars for many a year so i think i would be able to drink in moderation out there

Bars in other countries do not come close to how a bar is run In Thailand, or Asia for that matter. Firstly your main objective is pimping women to desperate Daves, your second job is to take care of your customers as the bars are too small to get away from them, which means drinking, every night. Ive seem em all come and go over the years.

Im sorry to sound down on your idea, it is just such a cutthroat game and its also a mugs game. The Expats who live here, with hundreds of mates, do not make a good living, so tell me how you think your bar will be different? :o

Edited by Tornado

Btw, Bunny Bar in Soi Tiger (Mark, Stweart & Mathew) have one of the busiest bars in all of Soi Bangala and they make 20K on a good day, before room rentals for their girls, rent, elect, stock etc - they paid 5 mil for half the bar for a 3 year lease. do the sums.

• 3 years later...