Problem To Replace True Modem

mortem

Hi all,

First of all, i was reading topics from this website for a few month and it is usually helpfull. So, i finally decided to register and share my (strange) experience with u to know if someone had the same problem and if a solution has been found.

:D

I just arrive here to took the True ADSL with the Zyxel wireless modem/router that True provide. Everything work fine with this configuration.

But because I was an IT Director and System Engineer in France, I arrived with all my computer network (2 servers, 1 Linksys AM200 modem and 1 Zyxel Zywall USG 100 firewall) and everything worked perfectly with my ADSL2+ in Paris.

So, yesterday, i decided to replace the Zyxel Wireless modem/router from True by my Linksys modem and my Zywall firewall.

I set everything with my modem in "bridge mode only" with:

VCI:0

VPI:100

MTU:1492

And I set the PPPOE on my Zywall firewall with the login and password for the connection.

And everything connected and worked... I was happy

But after doing extensive testing, i found that some website (like facebook and ebay) have problems to load (especially the pictures) and sometime cannot load :/

So, I set the modem as the PPPOE and put my Zywall in the back... and same problem happened.

I put back the True modem... it work well

So, I was thinking to put the true modem and place the Zywall in the back... and problem happened again

So, overall, when i replace the modem from True or if i add a firewall after the modem from True, it doesn't work :)

Does anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Over the years I spent doing engineering, I had many strange problem but I never had something that strange

lol

So, if anyone can help me, i'd really appreciate.

Thx a lot

This is due to DNS server issues with True. You have to set the DNS in your ZyWall to the True DNS's 203.144.207.29 and 203.144.207.49

True filters and blocks outside DNS servers (as well have many many many other problems)

Hum... I was thinking about a DNS issue but I didn't think this would be possible... this is so so nuts

:)

Thx a lot... I'll check that and let you know

:D

Permanent Residency in Thailand if married , is 7600 bath applying and if approved 90000 bath

This can only be done in December each year and its only a quota of persons from each country that can apply.

Edited by SM7WGP

This is due to DNS server issues with True. You have to set the DNS in your ZyWall to the True DNS's 203.144.207.29 and 203.144.207.49

True filters and blocks outside DNS servers (as well have many many many other problems)

It works well... Thx a lot