Grass Seed

Rob5060

In this climate, the best turf grasses are propagated vegetatively, not from seed. Your best course is to buy sod, which is readily available. If you need to cover a large area and don't want to spend much money, then break the sod into little clumps and plant those "plugs" about a foot apart.

I've looked for it also with no luck. If you find a source, please post again. Thanks.

The grass store opposite the big aquarium sells it; one large can for 480 THB. Behind it diagonally across the store that sells stones etc is a store selling all kinds of gardening tools and equipment. That one has it too, same price.

Matt

I've looked for it also with no luck. If you find a source, please post again. Thanks.

The grass store opposite the big aquarium sells it; one large can for 480 THB. Behind it diagonally across the store that sells stones etc is a store selling all kinds of gardening tools and equipment. That one has it too, same price.

Matt

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Okay I heading out from Hang Dong now to look for that store now at 1:57 pm Saturday Feb. 20th.

I will report back if I cannot find it.. I need to sow my hand laid bricks that I filled with dirt and now I hope to sow the grass seeds in the bricks to see if they it grows. I have seen a lot of driveways and walkways in this sort of concrete bricks and grass growing all over them. Once it starts grow, I will take a few photos of it and see if I can find this thread again in a few weeks and post them if it grows..

My bamboo trees are growing slowly I bought there for 80 baht each. Trying to create more of a garden in my so called "garden retreat"... Lots of great restaurants have it like that.. one such place that comes to mind is Khun Churn vegie Rest in CM.. great food and nice garden eatery..and also the restaurant near immigration just after Airport Plaza.. real nice gardens..

Edited by JackSterling

Okay.. I found 3 places to buy grass seed.. all of it is in a can and is clear marked... MADE IN THE USA

450 baht, 480 baht and 550 baht were the prices in 3 different stores for the same product..

Bermuda grass...

Any idea of the area one can will cover?

The best grass seed is to be bought in Holland. I'm not sure that it is legal to buy grass seed here in Thailand. You might try some of the hill tribes.

Just kidding, buy sod at the Kam Tien Market.

He wants seed not sod .Maybe ease of the grass yourself .