Is My Pc Spec Suitable For Gaming?

gravion

i've got acer aspire 5737z notebook

pentium dual core processor t4200 (core 2 duo is way higher spec am i right?)

2.0ghz, 800mhz FSB, 1mb L2 cache

geforce 9400m G turbocache

4gb ddr3

as i checked the spec of my gfx card, it says it's the best around for laptop. dunno the date, might be like 1 year old.

i can play crap streetfighter 4 smoothly in lowest spec (no background ghey), r6 vegas2. currently playing max payne...

but im intrested in the game like silenthill homecoming, and maybe resident evil5.... and maybe some single player rpgs...

in my opinion, processor is the shiz, can i like upgrade it? aswell, the screen area is hot... pc temp is around 55 though

Edited by gravion

On the case box or the small booklet you get with the game, you should be able to find the minimum/optimal specs for that particular game, but if you are trying to play online over the internet that's a different matter.....

Those specs look a bit strange to me. What strikes me is that you say you have DDR3 RAM in there, but the rest of the specs suggests an older model laptop which would mean that the motherboard probably does not support DDR3 but "only" DDR2.

That being said though, you should be able to play some games, not the newest most graphic heavy games, but plenty of memory and a decent graphics card gets you far.

That laptop is good for general use and ok for casual gaming. Dont expect it to play like modern warfare2, crysis, Bioshock2 kinda games, graphics card is only dx9 and have only 256 mb memory on board. Even its dual core cpu "we have quad core cpus, the i5 and i7 cpus" its still on the slow side 2.0 ghz.

As i said you can play some good games but dont expect high resolution or high detail gaming. Other than that its a very good laptop for internet, office work "excell word etc"

As above the Graphics chip is what really matters for gaming, the CPU does not have to do much it is all in the graphics. If you are really serious about gaming a desktop is better, however there are some high spec laptops out there but you get a better gaming machine for the same money in a desktop.

so what processor GHZ matters as alot as well?

whats the difference between pentium 4 2ghz and core 2 duo 2ghz?

can u just change the processor only?

also im curious about this in cars.... like some 2000cc engine got more power than others with any assist of superchargers. does that mean it's just the base that's superior?

whats the difference between pentium 4 2ghz and core 2 duo 2ghz?

Core2Duo has two cores both running at 2GHz, so basically twice as fast.

can u just change the processor only?

Had it been a desktop it would have been simple enough to change the CPU alone, but in laptops changing anything on the motherboard is not an easy task.

I think the answer is pretty simple - if you want to play the latest games don't do this on most notebooks. Why? Because the graphic card is one of the places where the producers can save since it is not easy to find out for not expert customers what they did. And good graphic cards for notebooks are not cheap :) In addition to this good cards need a lot of power. So they create a lot of heat. Too much for notebooks.

Edited by Beggar

well 2.0ghz on a single core and 2.0 on multiple cores makes a huge difference. I agree with most of the people here that GPU makes the biggest difference but cpu needs to be up with the specs as well as memory, when one component is not fast enough it creates a bottle neck.

I consider my self a good gamer and i do all my gaming on my laptop. Right now most of the high end laptops are as good as an high end desktop. such as my asus g51 laptop. has quad core I7 cpu, 4gb ddr3 memory "unfortunately cant upgrade to 8" 500gb 7200 rpm hdd. geforce gtx 260m cpu with 1gb dedicated memory. full hd 15.6" lcd etc. with this kind of machine there is no game that cant be played.

on the upgrading cpu, it is not as easy as doing on a desktop but it is possible but voids the warranty immediately. so i advice caution.