Ais Network Blocks Calls

custard

Have heard from my colleagues that AIS (owned by the Shinnawats) has on purpose blocked calls made by DTAC users to make it difficult for them to contact their friends who are on AIS and evetually they will have to switch (back) to AIS. :D

Yesterday I tried ringing one of my colleagues, an AIS user (victim), whose line was not engaged at all. I wasn't sure what it was but it seemed my DTAC phone lost signal and failed to reach my friend. I had to try calling her several times before I successfully got through. :D

* NOTE * calls between DTAC users are smooth and uninterrupted. The same applies for AIS users. :D

Not sure if any of you've experienced this but of course I share the sentiments of my colleges that the emergence of Orange and DTAC, in particular, as challengers to imcumbent AIS in the fast growing mobile phone industry, has been a severe blow and a threat to former monopolist AIS. :D

For me, trying to limit choices and reduce competition for consumers is disgusting and shoudn't be tolerated. :o:D:D

And yeah you may also feel that the story smells even stinkier after reading the following article quoted from The Bangkok Post

TOT questions need for more numbers

Operators' figures called inconclusive

KOMSAN TORTERMVASANA

TOT Corporation says it cannot allocate new telephone numbers to two major mobile phone operators who claim to be running short, because the figures produced by the private operators to back up the requests are unclear.

TA Orange said it was earlier promised one million numbers from TOT but so far had received none. DTAC also has complained it needs 2.5 million new ones within six weeks, or it may have to halt sales to new subscribers.

TOT president Teeravit Charuwat said TOT could not allocate new phone numbers to either operator because of discrepancies in the requests.

For example, True Corporation, which operates TA Orange, claimed it had used more than 80% of its allotted numbers, but TOT figures showed just 58% had been used, he said. DTAC, meanwhile, claimed 85% of its numbers were spoken for but TOT put the figure at 68%, he said.

"Therefore we need to fine-tune the correct figures before new numbers could be allotted, and I believe it can be done in time for the operators to service their customers," he said.

National Telecommunications Commission chairman Gen Choochart Promprasit has designated a committee to speed up drafting a new regulation on issuing numbers, and expects it to be ready for implementation in June.

He said that when the regulation becomes effective, the NTC will begin collecting tariffs on all telephone numbers.

An industry source said it would take up to 45 days to activate new numbers after TOT allots them to the operator.

"Most of that time will be spent preparing office data and the translator system to ensure the numbers can be activated," the source said.

TOT should not delay the allocation as it collects 200 baht per month from each number used, he said. When the NTC begins collecting tariffs on telephone numbers, TOT would actually receive more because of higher access fees.

True vice-chairman Athueck Asvanont maintained that the 68% usage figure for both its fixed and mobile numbers as of February and March was accurate. All told, he said, the company had used 80% of allocated numbers _ including the 6.5 million issued specifically to TA Orange _ well above the 70% minimum required by TOT to request a new allocation.

Business is expected to increase this month, and therefore TOT should immediately allot new numbers to True, he said

Without being negative, I reckon Thaksin must have played a part in pressurising TOT into rejecting the two service providers's request for new telephone numbers.

Not sure if Thaksin knows that his latest tactic may backfire in that instead of DTAC users switching to AIS to avoid such difficulties, it may be AIS users who are frustrated at not being able to receive calls from their friends and decide to switch networks at the expense of bloody AIS ! :D

What do you make of it ?

Do you guys really think it is intentional? I still try to not attribute to malice what can just as easily be explained by incompetence...

With the way my True ADSL is going lately, I thought it was just a national policy to fumble the peering relationships between different datacom networks. :o

Do you guys really think it is intentional?  I still try to not attribute to malice what can just as easily be explained by incompetence...

With the way my True ADSL is going lately, I thought it was just a national policy to fumble the peering relationships between different datacom networks.  :o

After seeing this thread I have contacted a few of my clients who I have had trouble in contacting over the past few weeks and suprise, suprise they are all on AIS service. It is bl*%#dy annoying when you are having to ring the same person 3-4-5 times before you can speak, as well as more expensive!!

though it just may be your attitude - maybe you need to book your self in for a couple of weeks rehabilitation in Shincamp

Don't think I can stand his bloody mug ! :o

Then perhaps you can learn the finer points of how Mr. T runs his business empire by considering a degree in

Bachelor of Business Administration with a Major in

Entrepreneurship

Shinawatra University

http://www.shinawatra.ac.th/ung/ung_mainmenu.htm

:D:D

Edited by sriracha john

If that's not to your liking.... then perchance taking a break is better for now... an opportunity for getting away from it all... travel to someplace calm and peaceful and relaxing.

For a limited time only, discount tickets are available Bangkok to Kota Kinabalu can had for only 15,000 baht on:

Shinawatra Airlines

http://www.airasia.com/general.php?p=pmain&l=en

:D:o

I don't think UBC is in Taksin's good books - they would have changed their license long time ago and got rid of that stupid misic (let the ads through instead).

I've been having troubles calling AIS for at least a month, at least once from the land line, too.

Two lucky bastards.

AIS has just reported problems with their customers calling Dtac.

At first they blamed the inteconnection problem on heavy promotions by Dtac and Orange that encouraged people to call and call and call and jam the interconnection links, and perhaps they were right - they introduced their own 0.25 baht tariff lately and experienced the same problem.

Dtac reported that success call rate between Dtac and Ais has dropped to 50%, it was 25% in April, and on the worst day hit only 4%.

I remember these numbers as reported by The Nation.