Buy Plane Tickets For Uk To Bkk In Thailand

JohnRway

Hello All,

I'm working/living in Thailand since nearly 8 years and are looking to purchase tickets for some of my family members UK --> BKK (return).

I don't have any UK credit card any more, and obviously I will not be the lead passenger (but I will pay with my Thai debit or credit card).

Any tips of good websites, where I can search and book (with e.g. phone confirmation of bank/credit card details)? Or is there any ticket offices that someone can recommend that I can use for this purpose?

If this doesn't work, then I will have to transfer the money to my family members in the UK, so they can purchase it.

Cheers,

JR

gET THEM TO SEARCH ON THE INTERNET(OR YOURSELF) www.travelsupermarket.com or www.traveljungle.com Pay money to their bank account so they can pay its a lot cheaper...Have just checked now for July and the best price is 504 gbp...Eva air direct is 600....Emerits are about 800 now ..Ethihad are dear too.

Maybe you can pay with your credit card yourself I do not know....Should be able too?

Edited by davidwright

If you book for them you'll need to check they can board without showing the card that the tickets were bought on. I believe that most flight companies insist on this now and they could be refused boarding. Not a nice way to start their holiday.

We got round this one by faxing a copy of the Credit card.

If you book for them you'll need to check they can board without showing the card that the tickets were bought on. I believe that most flight companies insist on this now and they could be refused boarding. Not a nice way to start their holiday.

agreed. it could cause problems if the booking is made by someone who is not travelling. when booking online, many airlines request the credit/debit card used for booking is shown at check-in, however alot of them don't actually ask when you go to check-in.

Netflights seem to be the cheapest/best from the UK IMO. you could give them a call or drop an e-mail to check if there'd be any problems with regards to the booking person not travelling.

the other suggestion of transferring the money to your family to buy the tickets is a good one.

personally, I always check netflights first then check the airline websites to compare the prices eg if emirates are showing cheapest on netflights I would check the emirates website too, to compare prices/conditions.

Netflights seem to be the cheapest/best from the UK IMO. you could give them a call or drop an e-mail to check if there'd be any problems with regards to the booking person not travelling.

Good additional site to check out, also with regards to processing service levels and type which can differ from online site to online site. It seems to be Ok, to book flights with other card then the lead passenger here, but haven't checked it with them yet.

In the first instance I will check with Emirates Bangkok office, and also got a phone number to Etihad's Bangkok sales office, and will follow up on this one as well.

Cheers All,

JR

Crystal Travel's web-site had direct-flights on Eva for GBP 447, departing Mondays in early-May, for 2-3 weeks, which I thought was quite competitive ?

And of course Westeasttravel are always worth trying too. :)

Regarding paying for them, perhaps a bank-transfer to your family in the UK, and then use their credit-card details, to pay for the booking ? So they can bring the card with them, at check-in ?