Visa Question, Non-o Doulbe Enty

My Brother got a Non-O good for "2" entries.

1. Issued on Jan. 27 2005 at our home Thai Consulate

2. States- This visa must be utilized before April 27 2005

3. Arrived Bangkok Feb. 11 2005

4. Good till May 11 2005 (90 Days)

OK He did his visa run up to Mai Sai but got only 30 Days.

Is this because the visa stated - must be utilized before April 27.

I ask this because I know when the Consulate issues you a Thai visa you have 90 days to get here to start it. But in this case if you plan to get your Thai visa say 2 months before you leave and its a Non - O good for "2" entries then when you arrive in Thailand your visa will have 30 left on it and then you have to do a visa run? This then gives you only 4 Months stay. Did they make a mistake or is this how it is.

Thank for the info.

Consulate made a mistake when issuing the Non Imm in the first place..............Non Imm"s only come in single entry with a validity of 3 months from date of issue and multiple entry which are valid for a year from date of issue (when i say valid i/m refering to the "use by date".

Mai Sai must of picked up on the mistake and only allowed a 30 day stay stamp.

Actually, there is no mistake, it is mentioned"

This visa must be utilized before April 27 2005

means the second entry should have been made before April 27. After that day the visa expired and could not be used any more.

So when your brother arrived, theygave him a 30 days visa exempted stay.

Actually, there is no mistake, it is mentioned"

This visa must be utilized before April 27 2005

means the second entry should have been made before April 27. After that day the visa expired and could not be used any more.

So when your brother arrived, theygave him a 30 days visa exempted stay.

Axel as far as i/m aware there is no such visa as a double entry non imm.

Edit.....regardless the visa as you stated had expired.

Edited by thaiflyer1

The Royal Thai Consulate General Toronto Canada still gives a double entry on a non immigrant visa.

Well they shouldnt..........see below from the Vancouver website.

Thai Consulate General Vancouver

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Home | Site map | Contact Us

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

3. VISA FEE

80.00 Canadian Dollars for single entry and 200.00 Canadian Dollars for multiple entries

4. VALIDITY OF A VISA

Single-entry visas are valid for three months and multiple- entry visas for one year.

5. VALIDITY OF A STAY

The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.

:o

Edited by thaiflyer1

Single-entry and multiple-entry visas are valid for three months and multiple- entry visas for one year respectively.

Above is the validity of the visa. I know that it shold be either single or multiple. Some consulates give 2 or 3 entries, perhaps under consideration that 2 entries is a multiple entry-visa. (I had it with my own son, who was asked inGermany how many entires he needed.)

Regardless of this, one common mis-conception is the validit of the visa viz. period of stay. It the visa, regardless of amountof entries is valid until day X and you arrive one day later you have no visa, anymore.

If you arrive with a non-imm one day before exiration of the visa you still get 90 days permit to stay.

Single-entry and multiple-entry visas are valid for three months and multiple- entry visas for one year respectively.

Some consulates give 2 or 3 entries, perhaps under consideration that 2 entries is a multiple entry-visa. (I had it with my own son, who was asked inGermany how many entires he needed.)

Ok lets assume a consulate issues 2 entries ,is this a multiple entry visa? and if it is why didnt the Toronto Consulate issue the visa with a years validity?

There are no inbetween options for a Non Imm its either single and 3 months validity or multiple and 12 months there is nothing down in black and white that gives 2 entries and 6 months validity or any other combination.

Edited by thaiflyer1

thaiflyer1, let's say, the OP's question was replied and we both agree.

The rest is TIT. This is Thailand.

I do agree there is either a single or a multiple. Perhaps some of the consuls are neither Thai nor English speaking and think 2 entries is more than single, so multiple is two.

Validity. You quoted from Vancouver, I checked with MFA-website, see the small differnce, single and multiple 3 months...

4. VALIDITY OF A VISA

I checked with Berlin embassy, which is as tough as can be. Eithr single or multiple 3 months or 1 year and no in between. But than they give a link to the MFA-site :o

A visa can be issued as one, two, three entry etc. and these are priced accordingly (although we may understand 'more than one' as multi it is not what the meaning is in this case).

Thankfully there is now a new type called "multi" entry that allows unlimited entries during a one year period (believe they started to be issued in late 1990's). There is no reason you can not request 2 entry type if your travel requires only two visits in a short period and save the cost of a multi entry. Here is quote from LA Consulate which would suggest they will issue a two entry non immigrant for $100:

Effective August 26, 2003, the Visa Fee for EACH ENTRY - Transit Visa: $20.00; Tourist Visa: $25.00; Non-Immigrant Visa: $50.00; One-Year Multiple-Entry Non-Immigrant Visa: $125.00.

I am sure that some bean counters at small consulates would much prefer to use the per entry method. :o