Football Reporters Chiang Mai

lsk

Another good result for the Lanna Tigers yesterday winning 2-1 away at Lampang. 4 wins out of 4 now. Pity im not around for the home game next week, but I'll be there on the 28th.

I'm a bit confuuused as next weeks game is on Saturday 13 Mar and last weeks game was on a Sunday, is this normal to change the days :D .

Don't worry about not being able to attend next week Mr Miller just send the dog in your place, perhaps we will give him a bone at half time :) .

Edited by alfieconn

Another good result for the Lanna Tigers yesterday winning 2-1 away at Lampang. 4 wins out of 4 now. Pity im not around for the home game next week, but I'll be there on the 28th.

I'm a bit confuuused as next weeks game is on Saturday 13 Mar and last weeks game was on a Sunday, is this normal to change the days :D .

Don't worry about not being able to attend next week Mr Miller just send the dog in your place, perhaps we will give him a bone at half time :) .

Looking at the fixtures alfie it looks like they swap days, some weeks on a saturday some on a sunday. The dogs a good goal keeper, you can never get the ball off him when he's laid on it anyway :D

Edited by thaimiller

Looking at the fixtures alfie it looks like they swap days, some weeks on a saturday some on a sunday. The dogs a good goal keeper, you can never get the ball off him when he's laid on it anyway :D

The problem with the thai league website is that sometimes it is incorrect, last weeks game was down as 5pm kick off at the 700 year stadium when it was in fact it was a 6pm kick off at the tessabahn stadium, so at the moment we have a choice of 2 different stadia,2 different times and 2 different days so a 1 in 6 chance of being at the right place at the right time :D the chaing mai fc website is in thai, so i'm wondering where the best place is to get the correct info :D .

I see this as being a big problem for the football club because if the farangs don't turn up then how can the farangs tell them where they are going wrong :D .

Edited by alfieconn

Can you get a cold tinny in the stadium though?

Yep, but they only had Leo last week, they have a stall or 3 outside selling them. You can pop out when you want and you get a stamp on your hand to say you've paid the 30 thb admission fee :)

so at the moment we have a choice of 2 different stadia,2 different times and 2 different days so a 1 in 6 chance of being at the right place at the right time :D the chaing mai fc website is in thai, so i'm wondering where the best place is to get the correct info :D .

I see this as being a big problem for the football club because if the farangs don't turn up then how can the farangs tell them where they are going wrong :D .

It's even worse if I remember my statistics right: 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 is 1/8 !

The website of Chiang Mai FC is still one of the better ones.

It shows clearly next games when and where, the results and league tables.

My way to guess the meaning of the Thai text is using the Google translate function.

Okay, the English that then appears on the screen is even worse than my own,

but using a little bit fantasy it's good enough to understand the basic information.

For instance United Transmission should be red as Phrae United, but these are minor

details for the real football supporter 555!

And this thing about the absolute necessary presence of 'farang' in the stadium:

Help!

In the beginning you get often a very negative response if you suggest people to visit

a game ("Thais can't play football" and more of this kind of phrases).

But after actually doing so they sound different!

I have had the privelige to visit games of Chiangrai United at different occasions in the

company of three officially licensed FIFA coaches. One from Australia, one from England

and one from Germany. Two of the category 'older youngsters', being above seventy.

They got tears in their eyes! They loved it!

They were of course less prejudiced than the average foreigner that lives here, but there

was space even to them to be happily surprised!

Your Tigers are leading now, after this weekend, with two points. Sukothai surprisingly

lost of Phichit (4 - 3, must have been an exciting game), so now the Payuk are alone at

the top with a lead of two points after four games.

Believe me: Chiangmai FC will take part in the after competition this year with the other

four region winners of the second division. My bet is that they are going to be champion

of region north this year. And if they will be among the first three out of five in the

after-competition they will enter the first division next year.

Of course I hope to see Thai Premier League football in Chiang Rai next year, but it would

be a good consolation prize to see Chiangmai FC again, but then in the First Division.

And I am really happy that if it happens, that it is not by moving in Ratana Bundit, but by

winning the second division league.

The gentlemen that played a great role in doing it for us, are now playing for you, see

their pictures below. Old friends, great mates! Coach and goaly, Pon and Pansa (24 caps).

Good luck gentlemen! Chiang Mai Susu, Susu, Susu!

Limbo :)

post-6305-1267967239_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1267967262_thumb.jpg

The problem with the thai league website is that sometimes it is incorrect, last weeks game was down as 5pm kick off at the 700 year stadium when it was in fact it was a 6pm kick off at the tessabahn stadium, so at the moment we have a choice of 2 different stadia,2 different times and 2 different days so a 1 in 6 chance of being at the right place at the right time :D the chaing mai fc website is in thai, so i'm wondering where the best place is to get the correct info :D .

Another good win for the Chiang mai team at the weekend, 2 nil against Singburi and that's now 5 wins on the bounce.

Managed to find the fixtures on the web site and although they had the venue correct, they had the kick off time as 5pm when in fact it was 6pm :D .

Next time i will get there for 6pm and you can bet your life it will be a 5pm kick off :D .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-1269074665_thumb.jpg

To morrows game away against Uthai Thani Forest FC shouldn't be a problem.

After 5 games ha Uthai Thani is in last position with only 1 point (a draw away

against Phrae, its first game of the year) and Chiang Mai FC is leading with 15

points.

So far the games mostly started at 17.00 and next week the game against

Kamphaeng Phet will be played again at the Chiang Mai Metropolitan Stadium.

From the final league table Division 2 Region North of last year (11 teams in total):

1 Chiangrai United . . 20 17 3 0 62 16 +46 54 points

8 Kamphaeng Phet . . 20 4 9 . 7 24 31 - 7 . 21 points

9 Chiangmai United. . 20 4 4 12 24 44 -20 16 points

This was Chiang Mai before it got Pon and Pansa. This year will be another story.

Kamphaeng Phet has three points out of five games now and is keeping Uthai Thani and Payao

company at the bottom of the league

This year a new system is used for the selection of the teams that will promote

to the First Division:

Of the five regions (North, North-East, Central, Bangkok and South)the champions

and runner-ups will classify themselves for participation in the after-competition (10 clubs thus).

The two best teams of the three ending in third position in the regions Bangkok,

North and Nord-East (most points or best goal difference) will be added.

Two groups of 6 teams will play a competition and the winners and runner-ups of

these small competitions, 4 teams, will be promotes.

So Chiang Mai would even have a chance if it would end in third position.

Good luck!

Farang Ultras??!! :)

I think farang OAP's would be more appropriate :D my self not included obviously :D

We can be junior members :D

Maybe like the ICF had the under 5's, the CMA (Chiang Mai Army) can have the under 65's? you could nick the gooners song 'ooh to... ooh to be... ooh to be a...FARANG!' :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-1269074665_thumb.jpg

To morrows game away against Uthai Thani Forest FC shouldn't be a problem.

After 5 games ha Uthai Thani is in last position with only 1 point (a draw away

against Phrae, its first game of the year) and Chiang Mai FC is leading with 15

points.

So far the games mostly started at 17.00 and next week the game against

Kamphaeng Phet will be played again at the Chiang Mai Metropolitan Stadium.

From the final league table Division 2 Region North of last year (11 teams in total):

1 Chiangrai United . . 20 17 3 0 62 16 +46 54 points

8 Kamphaeng Phet . . 20 4 9 . 7 24 31 - 7 . 21 points

9 Chiangmai United. . 20 4 4 12 24 44 -20 16 points

This was Chiang Mai before it got Pon and Pansa. This year will be another story.

Kamphaeng Phet has three points out of five games now and is keeping Uthai Thani and Payao

company at the bottom of the league

This year a new system is used for the selection of the teams that will promote

to the First Division:

Of the five regions (North, North-East, Central, Bangkok and South)the champions

and runner-ups will classify themselves for participation in the after-competition (10 clubs thus).

The two best teams of the three ending in third position in the regions Bangkok,

North and Nord-East (most points or best goal difference) will be added.

Two groups of 6 teams will play a competition and the winners and runner-ups of

these small competitions, 4 teams, will be promotes.

So Chiang Mai would even have a chance if it would end in third position.

Good luck!

Hi Limbo thanks for the info but most of the games so far have been 6pm not 5pm.

Im looking forward to the game again next week and it seems there are a few farang getting into the Thai league here in Chiang mai now.

regards and good luck to Chiang rai United in there push to the premier league

"So far the games mostly started at 17.00 and next week the game against

Kamphaeng Phet will be played again at the Chiang Mai Metropolitan Stadium"

Hi Limbo thanks for the info but most of the games so far have been 6pm not 5pm.

Im looking forward to the game again next week and it seems there are a few farang

getting into the Thai league here in Chiang mai now.

Regards and good luck to Chiang rai United in there push to the premier league

555! I noticed it myself as I was one hour too early at the stadium last Saturday.

The time had been changed on the banners and the stadium speaker apologized

several times to those that had believed the original information and now were

listening to the same tunes that were played over and over again.

I saw a rather boring game between Chiang Rai FC and Uttaradit Mor Seng FC that

finally was won by the visiting team (0 - 1). Twelve (!) yellow cards, equally divided

over both teams ... Hardly any visitors, probably not even two thousand.

I'm looking forward to see Chiangrai United play again after a too long break of nearly

four months. First home game of this year, coming Sunday, against Narathiwat.

So if you want to see First Division football now, you are welcome to Chiang Rai,

otherwise you will have to wait until next season 555!

Your goaly Pansa Meesatham (24 caps, 34 years old) let only two balls through

in six games. He is even better than last year, so be sure you will play in the First Division

next year!

Good luck Sunday against Kamphaengpet (that so far lost four games out of six).

Chiang Mai susu, susu, susu!

Greetings from our Orange Power! . . . post-6305-1269313381_thumb.jpg

Hi all, great to see this topic... I have been searching around here for a topic on Chinag Mai FC and managed to miss this one for a long time.

CMFC doing well, would be great to see them go up. They signed a strategic alliance with Premier League teams BEC Tero, Sisaket and Div 2 Central region team Ayutthaya. At the start of the season CMFC (and Ayutthaya) set the goal of promotion using the alliance with the Premier League teams. Phuket FC did the same with a partership with Muangthong which seems to be working well. This is just the start of the professional Thai league, I hope we see these cities work their way up to the Premier League. Most of all it's great to see a new football culture in Thailand.

I keep the fixtures updated on www.thaileaguefootball.com apologies for the sometimes incorrect fixture details.

At the start of the season they are released then as weeks go by they can get moved around with no notice, only the sequence of games is sure. I'll keep an eye on the CMFC details and try to keep the info current as there is a decent following. Good to see the club play in the metropolitan stadium, you can get a great atmosphere there, then move to the big stadium when you move up the ranks and have several thousand fans on a regular basis. Looks good in this video

So home matches played at the metropolitan stadium starting at 6pm, here are upcoming fixtures -

28/3 - Kamphaengphet H

3/4 - Pichit A

10/4 - Prea H

*17-18/4 - break

25/4 - Sukhathai A

2/5 - Tak H

8/5 - Nakhon Sawan A

15/5 - Phitsanoluk H

23/5 - Chainat H

29/5 - Payao A

*End of first leg of fixtures

Gratulations!

Second Division Region North:

Chiang Mai managed to collect the full 21 points in seven games by winning against Kamphaeng Phet FC (2 - 0) yesterday.

Chainat FC won at home of Chiang Rai (2 - 0) and consolidated its second position after Chiang Mai with 16 points.

First Division:

In Chiang Rai yesterday Chiangrai United won 3 - 1 of Narathiwat. Great game, first home game of the year.

About 3500 people came to see the game. The supporters group of Narathiwat (2000 km from Narathawat to Chiang Rai)

was smaller than last year, maybe only sixty.

Greetings from Chiang Rai! . . . . post-6305-1269834377_thumb.jpg

A great result again for Chiang Mai, another big crowd with a great atmosphere and another great early evening out. Well recomended to any football fans that want to have a laugh and watch a bit of grass roots football. All for the stunning price of 30 baht.