27 Countries Issues Travel Advisories And Warnings For Thailand

george

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went to Tesco (pattaya) Thaparasit rd/Sukhamvit , and just over the road on the corner to soi khaow Noi it looks like the reds are starting to build there stage again on the big plot of land that used to be a market a few years ago.

amazing they got persmison to do it there after the trouble they caused at the summit last year .

Its actually Soi Kho Talow, and Sukhumvit Road there is a large red shirt presence selling shirts and other red parafanalia including water etc i will be staying away from this area tomorrow as i live on Soi Khowtalow

"and other red parafanalia including water etc"

Yes there might be plenty of red water, they dont need to sell it!!

Hopefully the army will move in and dispose of the red shits.

Where does that information come from ?

Thailand was not even mentioned on Belgian television since the blockade of the airports in November 2008.

On the website of the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs they only advise people to stay away from the Sanam Luang Square in Bangkok.

(This advice is available in Dutch and French only.)

Just went to Tesco (pattaya) Thaparasit rd/Sukhamvit , and just over the road on the corner to soi khaow Noi it looks like the reds are starting to build there stage again on the big plot of land that used to be a market a few years ago.

amazing they got persmison to do it there after the trouble they caused at the summit last year .

Its actually Soi Kho Talow, and Sukhumvit Road there is a large red shirt presence selling shirts and other red parafanalia including water etc i will be staying away from this area tomorrow as i live on Soi Khowtalow

"and other red parafanalia including water etc"

Yes there might be plenty of red water, they dont need to sell it!!

Hopefully the army will move in and dispose of the red shits.

The Red Shirts of Pattaya often gather on the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Soi Khao Talo.

I have never heard they troubled other people.

And the trouble spots are?

Mobs of angry red shirt wearing Thai people. These things are easy to avoid and the warning over hyped but it's the governments responsibility to at least inform people.

I don't understand. Mobs of red shirts? what about mobs of yellow shirts? So I guess the yellow are very law abiding and would do anything to disrupt tourism. International Governments should have placed the warning beware of red shirts in Thailand. Please this is a 2 sided issue. I am niether red nor yellow just a farang who sits on the fence and watches and I think every other farang here should do the same and not take sides in politics that have nothing to do with you. Sure have an opinion but do not take sides it is not our place.

Agree.

We are guests here. It is their country, not ours.

I know the conviction of my Thai wife and I can guess what most of our Thai neighbours think, but once again it is not our business.

Why is it not a single Thai among my hundreds of Thai friends and acquaintances (farmer to professional) have never mentioned Friday the 26th?

Is this perhaps a farang news feeding frenzy, with even the embassies believing the local English and Thai media (fed by the scare-mongering of meddlesome politicians and retired military has-beens)?

So, then, will Friday the 26th be TWICE as bad as Friday the 13th??

I never asked “Thai friends and acquaintances (farmer to professional)”, but my Thai wife knows very well about 26th February 2010.

And yes, she even knows what Friday 13th means.

Why is it not a single Thai among my hundreds of Thai friends and acquaintances (farmer to professional) have never mentioned Friday the 26th?

Is this perhaps a farang news feeding frenzy, with even the embassies believing the local English and Thai media (fed by the scare-mongering of meddlesome politicians and retired military has-beens)?

B I N G O ! ! We have a winner

Locations from http://www.buitenlandsezaken.nl/nl/Reizen_...advies_Thailand

(Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

Travel advice 4 out of 6

King Rama V equine statue - near Dusit Zoo

Parliament Building – behind the statue of King Rama V opposite Dusit Zoo

The Government House - Phitsanulok Road in the area of Royal Turf Club and the Marble Temple

National Counter Corruption Office – opposite Government House

House of General Prem - Si Ayuththaya Road in the area of National Library

Foreign Ministry - crossing of Rama VI Road and Si Ayuththaya Road

Army headquarters - Rachadamnern Avenue

House of premier Abhisit - Soi Sukhumvit 31, Along Sukhumvit Road, near BTS station “Phrom Phong”

Office of the Democrat Party- Set Siri Road, near Samsen Train station

Supreme Court -- Sanam Luang

Election Commission -- Chaeng Watthana Road in the same building where the immigration service is situated

Victory Monument – Ratchathewi District

saw that the other day all the red shirts for sale already, guy in market selling pepper spray etc said special shipment come in from China, last week what you want he can get. good day to go on bar crawl around the big lake out of the way.

saw that the other day all the red shirts for sale already, guy in market selling pepper spray etc said special shipment come in from China, last week what you want he can get. good day to go on bar crawl around the big lake out of the way.

MMMM pepper spray from China??!?!?!?! Wonder if its as reliable as the gas canisters the police shot into the crowds last year.

A nice peaceful beginning.....

A Poll of Thais a couple of months ago revealed that a full 2/3, the Silent Majority, do NOT consider themselves to be Red Shirts, nor Yellow Shirts. I call them the White Shirts.

So that, silence, leaves it to vocal minorities to run the country. It's like letting a drunk drive the car.

The result is 100% of the policies and actions will be dictated by the 7% who Yellow and the 25% who are Red. The White shirts will get squarely on the side of whoever comes out on Top.

Thailand has had it's fair share of political turmoil over the past 8 decades, but this one is shaping up to be the Perfect Storm.

My 'opinion' 'forecast' 'theory' is that Thailand is heading for a full blown civil war.

There is a Solution and a Plan to implement the solution, which would lead to a stable and peaceful Thailand, with more prosperity and less corruption, however parts of the Solution and Plan are not allowed to be discussed in TV.

A Poll of Thais a couple of months ago revealed that a full 2/3, the Silent Majority, do NOT consider themselves to be Red Shirts, nor Yellow Shirts. I call them the White Shirts.

So that, silence, leaves it to vocal minorities to run the country. It's like letting a drunk drive the car.

The result is 100% of the policies and actions will be dictated by the 7% who Yellow and the 25% who are Red. The White shirts will get squarely on the side of whoever comes out on Top.

Thailand has had it's fair share of political turmoil over the past 8 decades, but this one is shaping up to be the Perfect Storm.

My 'opinion' 'forecast' 'theory' is that Thailand is heading for a full blown civil war.

There is a Solution and a Plan to implement the solution, which would lead to a stable and peaceful Thailand, with more prosperity and less corruption, however parts of the Solution and Plan are not allowed to be discussed in TV.

You can ask the same question about the value of the mandate of politicians in democratic countries where less than half of the adult population participate in the elections, e.g. in the United States.

I will be traveling to/from Bangkok and Pattaya on Friday. I will let you know how I get on.

CNN i-reporter Nan Laew reporting.

PS. Do u think I need to bring the kevlar?

Maybe you can borrow it from the Pattaya SWAT Team?

Good idea! Hopefully, "sifu" :) will roll into BKK with his YELLOW Hummer and bring everything under control. He might even be able take on everyone with his incredible unarmed fighting style...whatever that is...a style of wushu. My friends, who know "sifu" :D , tell me he has huge oil paintings of himself framed in ornate gold frames along with much "spending money". Maybe the TV members can get him to auction off these items of wonderment at Christie's or Sotheby's and he can use the money from the auction results and his other money to promote peace between the reds shirts and yellows shirts. I hope the situation in LOS remains calm. :D Keep me posted Nan Laew.

Sifu will do alright in a demonstration of red shirts in his YELLOW Hummer. I'll bet that would get scratched at the least or set on fire with the Sifu in it at most. Why do people buy yellow cars? Especially men?

I know two US-ers who cut short their holiday so a ruckus wouldn't delay their getting back to work - so they can save up for their next holiday - which won't be here!

Idiots! Better to have an excuse to miss work than to have to make one up.

I've got business in Bangkok on Fri/Sat & Sun this week. I should be right, I always go well prepared and N E V E R wear at most only a little singlet, as thats the way the ladies like me :) .

ramboq.jpg

I'm going to Bangkok this Friday. What would you recommend Red or Yellow Speedos?

Stay away from the trouble spots and everything should be fine...

Where are they? All over Thailand....???

We flew in to Thailand on Monday and the palne was empty, so was the arrval hall.

We left today (Wednesday) the departures were full with long ques. All flights fully booked... even Air Asia and Tiger Air were charging more than Thai airlines to get out... All flights full!!!

I wonder why the mass exodus!!

:)

Stay away from the trouble spots and everything should be fine...

Or at least have a bag full of different colored tshirts with you

seems like a good one-day business to run - sell a million shirts available in a million colors !

in the offer...

red and yellow striped t-shirts

:)

I've got business in Bangkok on Fri/Sat & Sun this week. I should be right, I always go well prepared and N E V E R wear at most only a little singlet, as thats the way the ladies like me :) .

ramboq.jpg

I'm going to Bangkok this Friday. What would you recommend Red or Yellow Speedos?

Always thought white singlets were the uniform of Boyztown.