Ping Pong Bomb Hoarder

sharecropper

6,000 'Ping Pong' bombs found at home of Chiang Mai Red Shirt guard CHIANG MAI, Nov 26 (TNA) - Police found nine guns and 6,000 homemade 'Ping Pong' bombs at the home of an anti-government Red Shirt guard in the northern province of Chiang Mai as Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva is set to visit the province this Sunday. Pol. Col Weerawut Niumnoi, deputy chief of Chiang Mai provincial police, said that his team had court-approved search warrants inspected the house of Narong Boonchongcharoen, 45, in Chom Thong district early Thursday seizing the guns and the so-called ping pong bombs.

Mr Narong, however, denied the contraband was being prepared to cause violence during the protest of the United Front for Democracy Agaisnt Dictatroship (UDD) against the premier's visit to the province.

He argued that he bought the bombs for selling during the Loy Krathong festival in early November, but the bombs police confiscated remained unsold.

Prime Minister Abhisit is scheduled to attend the annual conference of the Thai Chamber of Commerce at a Chiang Mai hotel on November 29, and the organisers want the premier to join, so that Chiang Mai can regain its image as a peaceful tourist destination.

Mr Abhisit was advised by some Cabinet members to avoid going there due to reports over a plot to harm him.

Until now, the premier's plan to Chiang Mai remain unchanged, while Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said he would evaluate the situation again on Friday whether the government should apply the Internal Security Act (ISA) in the northern city of Chiang Mai or not (TNA)

Englist-News.png

Edited by Donnyboy

Ok, I'm hooked.

<deleted> is a ping pong bomb ?

People that like to cause trouble will take a ping pong ball, insert explosive powder, (gun, rocket, fire works) into the ball add a fuse light and throw into a crowd. These are being used world wide for disturbances and in Thailand.

Ok, I'm hooked.

People that like to cause trouble will take a ping pong ball, insert explosive powder, (gun, rocket, fire works) into the ball add a fuse light and throw into a crowd. These are being used world wide for disturbances and in Thailand.

Yeah! But what happened to Khun Narong (the bomb (s) maker and multiple gun owner)?

Don't tell me, lack of evidence, right?

Ok, I'm hooked.

Yeah! But what happened to Khun Narong (the bomb (s) maker and multiple gun owner)?

Like I said he has been employed by the army to develop a new explosive detection device. :)

Ok, I'm hooked.

More likely to be "Red Shirt" influences down at the local nick for the get out of jail card re this terrorist stash.