Question For US Passport Holders

I've got two more "Visas" pages remaining. After that I only have the "amendments and endorsement" pages. I plan to mail my passport to the thai consular soon and am inquiring whether this will be sufficient to get my 60 day visa stamp? I know that there is a 6-month expiration lag time for passport, but Im not sure about the number of pages requirement, if there is one. My passport is not due to expire until late 2011. Thanks, again for any assistance

You can get pages added to your passport in one day, you do not need to get a new passport. Not sure how immigration feels about only two pages left, but I had pages added in an hour at the Embassy. there is a consulate in CM as well.

"I plan to mail my passport to the thai consular soon and am inquiring whether this will be sufficient to get my 60 day visa stamp?"

OP, where are you at?

SBK's info is good only if you are in Thailand. If you are here, it's illegal to mail your passport out of the country to get a visa.

If you are in the US, contact a passport office about adding pages.

If the OP is US citizen follow the instructions in post two

Mailing your passport abroad is illegal.

You will not have matching exit-entry stamps.

Penalty: Maximum two year in Thai prison or 20.000 baht fine or both.

Normally just 20.000 baht fine

Edited by PoorSucker

Im in the US now and mailed by info to the thai consulate in DC. I guess they will phone me or mail my passport back to me if not enough pages. I plan to fly to bkk on April 11, so hopefully, if necessary, I have enough time to sort out any passport page issue

He is in the US and properly making mail application for a visa. There should not be any problem as visa will take one page and your entry part of another. You should make appointment at US Embassy on-line to add pages to your passport now. As said it should take less than an hour of your time.

He is in the US and properly making mail application for a visa. There should not be any problem as visa will take one page and your entry part of another. You should make appointment at US Embassy on-line to add pages to your passport now. As said it should take less than an hour of your time.

This is correct. I made appointment on line at Embassy and was in and out with extra pages in 1/2 hour. Free, no cost.

You can get pages added to your passport in one day, you do not need to get a new passport. Not sure how immigration feels about only two pages left, but I had pages added in an hour at the Embassy. there is a consulate in CM as well.

In even less time than that at some embassies. I got new pages added to my passport in Singapore by going to the US embassy. The whole affair couldn't have taken more than 15 to 20 minutes (excluding the time that the taxi rides to/from the embassy took). Adding pages doesn't disturb your old stamps, so that's a pretty clean way to go.

Edited by thaiphoon
Line spacing adjusted

"He is in the US and properly making mail application for a visa. There should not be any problem as visa will take one page and your entry part of another. You should make appointment at US Embassy on-line to add pages to your passport now. As said it should take less than an hour of your time."

Which US Embassy should he make an appointment at? Bangkok? That's more than a month and a half away.

It would make more sense to try and get that done before he leaves the US.

How to Make an Appointment

In order to serve you better, the American Citizen Services section uses an appointment system for all non-emergency services to include notarials, passport services, and registering a child as an American citizen (Consular Report of Birth Abroad.) We will continue to provide emergency services on an as needed basis. Please note: We do not allow walk-in customers to register a child as an American citizen. You must have an appointment for this service.

Appointments can be made online by clicking here. PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to book appointments over the phone. You must use the online system to schedule an appointment with American Citizen Services.

If you have an appointment, when you arrive at our waiting room, there is no need to take a number, just check-in at Window A and give our staff a copy of your appointment confirmation printout. We continue to accept walk-ins for all services except registering a child as an American citizen, but give priority to those who made appointments online.

The purpose of the appointment system is to cut wait times for services and allow us to provide you with better service as demand for our services continues to grow.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/acsappointment.html

I don't know the difference in serve time but do know the appointment gets served on entry.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being up an old topic but I wanted to know if getting pages added to my Passport was free? I've heard a few people say it is free, but In Jan, my friend had to pay $35 to the US embassy in Vientiane when she got her pages added. I'm in Chiangmai and about to make an appointment to get pages added, but I just want to be ready incase they ask for money. lol So has anyone gotten pages added on recently?

Edited by Yunnie

I suspect your friend is mistaken as below is directly from Embassy Vientiane web site. But there may soon be a charge imposed as it is under review in US currently.

To have additional visa pages inserted in your valid U.S. Passport, the following are required:

To apply for additional visa pages in a US Passport, please complete and sign form DS-4085 (the green form, available at the Consular Section or online by clicking http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds4...s4085_2662.html

Visa pages can be added to a valid, unexpired US passport by bringing the passport to the American Citizen Services (ACS) unit during walk-in business hours, Monday through Friday, 1:00pm to 4:00pm and Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 11:30 am and 1:00pm to 4:00pm, excluding Lao and American holidays.

The process usually takes less than one hour and is free of charge. If a representative will bring your passports and/or your child’s passport to the Embassy, please make sure the representative brings signed authorization letters from both of you, and valid photo I.D., and the signed application.

I'm pretty sure she paid about $35. Cause I was in Laos at the time and she met me for coffee right after she had it done. She had nothing else done while she was there. Weird...

SO I'm assuming its free here in Thailand. I'll book my appointment then.

I'm pretty sure she paid about $35. Cause I was in Laos at the time and she met me for coffee right after she had it done. She had nothing else done while she was there. Weird...

SO I'm assuming its free here in Thailand. I'll book my appointment then.

Was she in Thailand and went to Laos to get pages added? Perhaps she was referring to $35 Laos Visa?

I had my second set of extra pages inserted at the consulate in Jeddah in December '08 and my representative was informed that there shall be no future extra pages for my current passport (exp. 2013) and that a new passport shall be required when the pages are filled. Has anyone had a third insertion of extra pages done recently?

the extra pages process is very convenient; I had the arab company driver go the ACS counter with the completed application form, passport and a letter from myself to authorize him to act on my behalf...took him less than an hour's time at the consulate...