Chiang Mai Red Shirt Activity

BigWheelMan

Normal == Thapae to Samoeng Intersection in 11 minutes.

Can I have some cheese with your whine? :)

I'll get the whine, you provide the cheese.  Can't afford both, being overpriced as they are, compared to "normal" prices in my original home country  :D

Don't know about now, but can report on my ride home today from the gym around 1800.

Absolutely backed up everywhere.

Wing 41 was closed. Which is rare- usually only when royals or bigwigs are flying in.

BIB stationed every 50-100 meters on all the major roads.

Detoured to Suthep; passed about 1000 cars that were stopped, on my Wave.

At the Phucome/Canal Road intersection, saw the highest ranked police official I've ever seen in public, standing in the middle of an intersection with about 4 other cops.

He was a colonel, had a high hat on, and a walkie-talkie. All the others had helmets, and were directing traffic with hand signals and whistles, along with the traffic lights. Under the circumstances, I think they were doing a very good job.

Don't know about now, but can report on my ride home today from the gym around 1800.

Wing 41 was closed. Which is rare- usually only when royals or bigwigs are flying in.

At the Phucome/Canal Road intersection, saw the highest ranked police official I've ever seen in public, standing in the middle of an intersection with about 4 other cops.

He was a colonel, had a high hat on, and a walkie-talkie. All the others had helmets, and were directing traffic with hand signals and whistles, along with the traffic lights. Under the circumstances, I think they were doing a very good job.

Thank you for that report.

I have family and friends that were stuck in the traffic trying to get home and others wanting to know the traffic situation before deciding to go into the town or not.

Again, most appreciated.

A Royal Princess was flying in yesterday.

Just returned from running my errands. Traffic was unusually heavy everywhere I went. Charoenradj Road, Rattanakosin Road, Assadathon Road, Chiang Mai - Lamphun Road. Couldn't see any reason for it. :)

see post #13

That doesn't normally cause problems in those areas.