Blues Festival 2010 Update

barka

ok the blues festival has just ended.....THE BEST YET..... THANKS ANDY FOR A GREAT EVENT....

what a great mix, we had it all ,,even the showmen band from norway,,great guest artists, blues, rock,etc.

the venue was great,the hilton did the event proud ,there organisation was 5 star. the local phuket based groove doctors did it again,TONY CHAIN SAW WILSON and his crew come up every year with new faces.this year they had 3 female singers and other musicians as guests from around the world. I am sure TONY is getting younger every year, and ROB on lead guitar gets better and better.

all the bands were excellent, and charly musellwhite showd what a great pro he is.

once again thanks for a great BLUES FESTIVAL..look forward to next year.see you then i hope...

PS ..ALL THOSE WHO MOAN ABOUT THE COST OF THE TICKETS SHOULD BE ASHAMED, WHERE IN THE WORLD CAN YOU SEE 12 TOP CLASS BANDS FOR 1000 BHT OR 20 POUNDS....

PS ..ALL THOSE WHO MOAN ABOUT THE COST OF THE TICKETS SHOULD BE ASHAMED, WHERE IN THE WORLD CAN YOU SEE 12 TOP CLASS BANDS FOR 1000 BHT OR 20 POUNDS....
I would have loved to come, but only could make it one night. And sorry, but that means to me I also only pay for 1 night. 1000 Baht for 2 nights, so make it 650 or something like that for 1 night.

I would have loved to come, but only could make it one night. And sorry, but that means to me I also only pay for 1 night. 1000 Baht for 2 nights, so make it 650 or something like that for 1 night.

I THINK NEXT YEAR YOU WILL SEE A SPECIAL I DAY TICKET

I went to both nights of the first and second years. Fantastic!

Unfortunately I've been offshore for the others and have missed out.

I don't know what the audience numbers have been like since, but I always thought that the event could have been marketed much better - certainly more info to the travel companies in advance, let the tourists know it is happening well in advance. Get the posters and fliers out to the hotels, too.

I don't know what the audience numbers have been like since, but I always thought that the event could have been marketed much better - certainly more info to the travel companies in advance, let the tourists know it is happening well in advance. Get the posters and fliers out to the hotels, too.

I THINK NEXT YEAR YOU WILL SEE THIS HAPPEN... ITS TIME TO MOVE TO THE NEXT LEVEL.....

I THINK NEXT YEAR YOU WILL SEE THIS HAPPEN... ITS TIME TO MOVE TO THE NEXT LEVEL.....

I've had customers ask me here in Pattaya about the 3 concerts that I went to before why they'd never heard of it and why it wasn't advertised more, I think it would help.

:)

:) Right ON!! The festival rocked - from the jolting wake up call delivered by Jimmy Fame, Andy Gonzalez & the Rocking Angels crew to the closing breath thru Charlie Musslewhite's harp - It was a BLAST!!

Thanks to all who made it happpen!

There were a number of technical issues. Friday went much smoother than Saturday by far.

Particularly difficult the change for AkasA a truly marvelous world music act.

But a visibly very difficult time for the stage crew, and caused problems for the next act.

But in spite of budget crunch induced cutbacks, the show did get pulled off once again.

All the bands are comprised of very nice people, and all acted in nicer than pro manners.

Charlie Musslewhite showed why he IS the legendary pro he is.

Unique and yet completely true to the blues.

And he had the best crowd on a Saturday night that I have seen.

Rich Harper was back to form and totally made up for the 'acoustic/Henrdix' mis-steps of the year before.

Nikki with her own band was stronger and more lively. And had on impromptu guest Bunny Anderson.

Robert 'One Man' Johnson did a fine opening solo show and really showed the roots of the blues

Prodigal Sons cranked up and put on a show for sure.

George Cordero and his band proved that Filipinos CAN play with soul and not just technique.

George is an old pro and made the most of yet another shift to a much too early set.

Groove Doctors came in with yet another different show and not at all expected by most.

Chainsaw and those ladies laid down some spot on Steely Dan harmonies.

Retrovision did some solid international bar band rock and were quite entertaining

Rocking Angels with awesome guest bassplayer Andy Gonzales was sharp and soulful,

Not often can a bass player hold 5 minutes as a solo with voice and make it work.

And with addition of local young bassplayer Jerri, they showed that the blues will be in

good hands in Phuket. If only she has sung lead, great voice too. Leader Patrick was in best form too.

Richard Clapton did a solid journeyman oldies show of his songs,

but it didn't seem to resonate with the audience... maybe they have

aged past that sound for what their ears will still listen too?

The idea of hearing his old stuff was better as a memory.

Oh well.

All in all, more harmonica players came out of the woodwork than possibly expected,

with the exception of Samui's Lil Willie, who, like Cannonball, was out of the picture this year.

Edited by animatic