Illegally Working Here

dunno but as she has been here 15 years & collects her tax receipts, pays her tax on her registered company & has a work permit she is probably lying :D

Okay, ok, no problems with me, I just know what chapter 19 says, but who am i to suggest that shes illegal :):D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dunno but as she has been here 15 years & collects her tax receipts, pays her tax on her registered company & has a work permit she is probably lying :D

Okay, ok, no problems with me, I just know what chapter 19 says, but who am i to suggest that shes illegal :):D

Architecture and hair-dressing are regally deemed as Thai-only professions.

Okay, ok, no problems with me, I just know what chapter 19 says, but who am i to suggest that shes illegal :D:D

Sean, Boo & I have already discussed this on page one of this thread. Have you been submitted to a Breath Analysis prior to posting tonight? Remember what sbk said to you about drinking and posting. :)

Is sean ok????

Good question

Actually i recall reading one of his posts about being locked in a hospital room in Australia and being put in a coma for two weeks. :)

Or was it a padded cell and they put him in a straightjacket for 2 weeks :D

Now now Aussie, be nice, Sean is a very important member here at thai visa, so important in fact that I am presently lobbying the powers to be to create a room here at thai visa, where just you and him are locked inside in conversation. :D

Okay, ok, no problems with me, I just know what chapter 19 says, but who am i to suggest that shes illegal :D:D

Sean, Boo & I have already discussed this on page one of this thread. Have you been submitted to a Breath Analysis prior to posting tonight? Remember what sbk said to you about drinking and posting. :)

Of course. Good night then.

Is sean ok????

Good question

Actually i recall reading one of his posts about being locked in a hospital room in Australia and being put in a coma for two weeks. :)

Or was it a padded cell and they put him in a straightjacket for 2 weeks :D

Now now Aussie, be nice, Sean is a very important member here at thai visa, so important in fact that I am presently lobbying the powers to be to create a room here at thai visa, where just you and him are locked inside in conversation. :D

Yikes..just got flashbacks of that movie where ed norton goes to visit hannible lector :D

please dont scare me like that ND, my tickers not what it used to be :D

dunno but as she has been here 15 years & collects her tax receipts, pays her tax on her registered company & has a work permit she is probably lying :)

Her WP probably stated occupation as "general manager", mine does.

Does not mean I can do work that I can employee a Thai to do the same.

I've often wondered what motivates people go out of their way to dob someone else in and create grief in someone elses life..

Like what do you get out of it? or are you such an insecure person that causing trouble for others makes you feel smug?

Have you always followed everything to the letter of the law? never drink drive? never indulged in a little petty theft? ever?

Never had a bargirl? No illegal drugs? ever? What about the odd white lie to get yourself out of a spot?

I see some Australian State governments now encourage people to dob in their neighbours who might have certain plants in their back yards..dividing the community and paying rewards to these pathetic little looser weasles who cant mind their own businesss...

An otherwise normal joe citizen gets a $1000 fine and a life long criminal record that possibly hampers his future career options :)

SO..you would like the pleasure of getting someone deported?? :D

You miss the point. I have never overstayed or worked illegally. This has nothing to do with telling a white lie or going with a bargirl (whatever relevance that might have).

Being legal in a country is a responsibility that is not a small matter (thus the penalty of being asked to leave if you cannot follow the rules).

Of course if I knew for a fact that someone was working illegally, I'd turn this person in.

I saw someone stealing from a neighbor's house, but I don't want to be a "pathetic little looser weasle" and turn him in....I saw a guy selling heroin to kids, but I don't want to be a "pathetic little looser weasle" and turn him in.

People who follow the laws should be respected; those who break the laws should know they risk the penalties.

What would be the point of going through all the steps to be a legal worker here when Joe Cornercutter sets up shop without any such documentation or anything (including safety provisions) and can run his business without these start-up costs or oversight? He doesn't have to pay taxes or follow any established standards. His restaurant could have tainted foods, his jet skiis could be unsound, his bargirls could all be HIV positive and his buildings could be constructed in an unsafe manner.

By the way, "normal joe citizens" usually play by the rules. The fact is -- I'll say it again -- if you are an illegal alien or worker, you must be well aware that you can get dobbed in at any time AND if you don't understand that you deserve to be, you are delusional.

Is ozzieovaseas legal, illegal or just delusional?

I've often wondered what motivates people go out of their way to dob someone else in and create grief in someone elses life..

Like what do you get out of it? or are you such an insecure person that causing trouble for others makes you feel smug?

Have you always followed everything to the letter of the law? never drink drive? never indulged in a little petty theft? ever?

Never had a bargirl? No illegal drugs? ever? What about the odd white lie to get yourself out of a spot?

I see some Australian State governments now encourage people to dob in their neighbours who might have certain plants in their back yards..dividing the community and paying rewards to these pathetic little looser weasles who cant mind their own businesss...

An otherwise normal joe citizen gets a $1000 fine and a life long criminal record that possibly hampers his future career options :)

You miss the point. I have never overstayed or worked illegally. This has nothing to do with telling a white lie or going with a bargirl (whatever relevance that might have).

Being legal in a country is a responsibility that is not a small matter (thus the penalty of being asked to leave if you cannot follow the rules).

Of course if I knew for a fact that someone was working illegally, I'd turn this person in.

I saw someone stealing from a neighbor's house, but I don't want to be a "pathetic little looser weasle" and turn him in....I saw a guy selling heroin to kids, but I don't want to be a "pathetic little looser weasle" and turn him in.

People who follow the laws should be respected; those who break the laws should know they risk the penalties.

What would be the point of going through all the steps to be a legal worker here when Joe Cornercutter sets up shop without any such documentation or anything (including safety provisions) and can run his business without these start-up costs or oversight? He doesn't have to pay taxes or follow any established standards. His restaurant could have tainted foods, his jet skiis could be unsound, his bargirls could all be HIV positive and his buildings could be constructed in an unsafe manner.

By the way, "normal joe citizens" usually play by the rules. The fact is -- I'll say it again -- if you are an illegal alien or worker, you must be well aware that you can get dobbed in at any time AND if you don't understand that you deserve to be, you are delusional.

well i am sure thousands would agree with u the other many millions might have some more sharper things in minde. I have nothing to worry about. i think u worry more than the criminals. u should chill out and get on with your own life. if u don't want HIV don't go with a prostitue but u cannot compare a hair dressor to a heroin dealer or a corrupt contruction worker.

if people want to be law abiding citizens then thats fine. there is a line though u can use your common sense. there is a line between selling heroin to kids and someone blagging a not having work permit by grassing someone up because they are cutting someones hair with out a permit is just plane evil. u are in the worse cat. then the heroin seller to kids.

i mean how pathetic are you. u brand a person cutting hair with out a permit to a heroin sellor to kids. If u ever dobbed someone like that in then there would be allot of angry people. u think u r being trust worthy. noone trusts a grass. u think u r making the world a better place. by putting hair dressers in jail. don;t u know what common sense is. u sound lke a really nasty man. u should spend some time in prison u might fined that not all people are bad in there. when u see some cambodian in prison for 3 months not knowing when he is going to be released just for trying to savive it makes me wonder what sorte of person u r. this is not even your country yet u think u can go around like it is your place. U r just a tourist and if u grass someone up i will watch u like a hawk till u do somethinng wrong then u can feel how the other shoes fits ! are u that bored that u go around thinking u r robo cop. go home. nasty things happen to nasty people. whats good for the goose is good for the gander laters!

In my years in Samui I have yet to find a Thai hairdresser that can do a decent colour & cut on my hair so if my woman says she is legal & so far has made my hair look great then I am happy to believe that she has the relevant paperwork to continue & pay her accordingly. 100 baht for a hair cut? Are you bald :)

In my years in Samui I have yet to find a Thai hairdresser that can do a decent colour & cut on my hair so if my woman says she is legal & so far has made my hair look great then I am happy to believe that she has the relevant paperwork to continue & pay her accordingly. 100 baht for a hair cut? Are you bald :D

Opposite Chaweng Resort, next to the 7/11, the ladies do a great job for Baht 100 and with a/c ! :)

A Clown, You call Sean a Clown, I like to think of TV like a village and every village has village idiot,

you just met him, unfortunately hes not alone

Sean behave, it's getting dark now mate,

nearly time for bed

:)

Isn't it rich?

Are we a pair?

Me here at last on the ground,

You in mid-air.

Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?

Don't you approve?

One who keeps tearing around,

One who can't move.

Where are the clowns?

Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,

Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,

Making my entrance again with my usual flair,

Sure of my lines,

No one is there.

Don't you love farce?

My fault, I fear.

I thought that you'd want what I want--

Sorry, my dear.

But where are the clowns?

Quick, send in the clowns.

Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?

Isn't it queer?

Losing my timing this late

In my career?

And where are the clowns?

There ought to be clowns.

Well, maybe next year.

Oh dear!

yep. if people want to do this in my opium they are stupid ... - remainder snipped

:D:D

No, no, BigC, you got that wrong, nobody wants to soil your dope. :)

sorry think everone has lost the plot litturly on this topic

Correct Big C, this has turned into dross :D

An otherwise normal joe citizen gets a $1000 fine and a life long criminal record that possibly hampers his future career options :D

Yeh,actually i am in Australia for the next month or so, so im about as legal as they get.

As for the better part of the year i spend in BKK, i dont seek work, i dont need to, and as you rightly point out it would illegal, so i dont tempt fate. I seem to have an uncanny knack of being in the minority group that always gets caught :)

AND, if anyone was to get dobbed in it would be me, so i dont even bother playing your game, you can have all your nasty dramas and arguments all to yourselves..maipenrai

Not that im into buddhism and kharma and all that, but one thing that life has taught me is IF you invite evil through your own intentions and try to direct your evil deeds into other peoples lives then that evil energy will be attracted to you in kind.

Also you take the risk of p7ssing off the wrong person for very little, or no real gain to yourself..

You'd be crazy to do it in LOS anyway, if the dobbee is a crazy enough loon he could always pay an official to find out who dobbed him in..easy done

AND if it was a thai you dobbed in then you would most certainly be spending your days in the bottom of a very dirty canal :D

Naturally I can respect your opinion and the fact that you seem to be a decent law abiding person is to be commended, so chok-dee to you

Edited by ozzieovaseas

this thread has been great i have decided i am not going to dob on these people but instead i am going to confront them personally. i've realized that i can make some money from this they can pay me 5k each a month or i will go straight to immigration with theyre flyers, leaflets for their work i have collected. i dont know why i didnt think of this before.

In my years in Samui I have yet to find a Thai hairdresser that can do a decent colour & cut on my hair so if my woman says she is legal & so far has made my hair look great then I am happy to believe that she has the relevant paperwork to continue & pay her accordingly. 100 baht for a hair cut? Are you bald :)

I pay 25 baht for a haircut in the North of Thailand. It is better than most of the haircuts I have had for 300 baht and up anywhere else in Thailand and even a lot of the haircuts back in Europe. I usually give the guy a 100, just because 25 is ridiculous!

He does a roaring trade, doing about 5 people a hour all day, so he is wealthy by Thai standards up north!

this thread has been great i have decided i am not going to dob on these people but instead i am going to confront them personally. i've realized that i can make some money from this they can pay me 5k each a month or i will go straight to immigration with theyre flyers, leaflets for their work i have collected. i dont know why i didnt think of this before.

Please allow me to take out life insurance on you. Easy money...

I cannot see being a stoolie if someone is working illegally in Thailand. With all the "fuzziness of law enforcement" going on, I am content to live and let live. Additionally, if I were to go down the stoolie route, I would start with prostitution, move on to traffic violations then to the litter bugs, then to the illegal kickbacks received by various big shots, next to the women who have signed documents saying that monies rec'd from the falang was a gift when in fact it was not and I cannot forget about the guy who painted his bathroom or the guy who enjoys gardening.

I would be very, very busy.

Maybe you have too much time on your hands and just need to do something. Do you have any hobbies? Seriously, idle minds tend to look under rocks for something to do. Why not post your weekly schedule for us here to review and we will let you know if you have too much time on your hands...

Thanks and get busy doing something!

If you do report them, its unlikely it will even be looked at. If by some freak chance someone in authority acted on it and caused them trouble, it would likely be a small fine and they can keep going. If by some freak chance the trouble was big and it caused them alot of strife and bigger problems, I would personally hope you get an equal disaster come into your life very quickly.

Thats gotta be a gee-up? right?

Even though i dont know you i must assume you're not really that silly?

I mean really, what sort of fool would pay you 5000 baht EVERY month when they could simply pay some tuk tuk mafia dude 10,000 ONCE for a pair of PERMANENT custom made concrete boots with your name on 'em :)

''' i dont know why i didnt think of this before'''................. Ah Ah Ah Because usualy some brain is required for thinking!!! Mr provocative ! Got Good fun already?

Everything funny enough for you?

///CLOSED???

as i said , i aint no grass,!! b ut as you say , just turn a blind eye , allowing thousand of illegal pikeys to bum around , thus hampering potentially YOUR carrer options, get a company , get b visa ,get awork permit

try working in thailand for awhile , then get back to me, ps .the thread has nothing to do with certain plants in back yards.

If "pikeys" are hampering your career options, then it's probably time to find a better career.

Haven't you see the state of the roads? :):D

RAZZ

Maybe you have too much time on your hands and just need to do something. Do you have any hobbies?

That is the problem, after some months i'm bored to death doing nothing (when the sun it's out it's impossible to stay outside anyway, i never recolled a winter so hot in Samui...) and finding a GF not working on a bar seems very difficult on this island.

Maybe you have too much time on your hands and just need to do something. Do you have any hobbies?

That is the problem, after some months i'm bored to death doing nothing (when the sun it's out it's impossible to stay outside anyway, i never recolled a winter so hot in Samui...) and finding a GF not working on a bar seems very difficult on this island.

bognor regis has a cooler climate than samui, and i dont think every lass from bognor works in a bar. downside is ,that sand on the beach is a bit coarse. and motorcycle rent is slightly more expensive.

no visa runs though :)