How To Transfer Owner And Plates For Bike?

rikki

how I can put a bike in my name? It's a 2000 250cc

I have the green book, tax and insurance etc is paid until september.

I have a year's non=O visa, and the house rental agreement. I can get the 500 baht form. I live in Chiang Mai

Do I need documents from the former owner?

He's american, lives in chiang mai, bike is now in his name in the green book, but the bike has rayong plates.

I have a letter from him to say I bought it.

So do I have to go to Rayong to transfer to my name, or plates ?

Do I have to take the bike to Rayong?

Or can I do it in Pattaya?

Or can I do it all in Chiang Mai?

What more paperwork do I need?

I was told at the registering office in chiang mai that I need a copy of the owner's passport, visa, work permit and housing contract. Is that true? He's out of the country now

Go the the nearest office in ch-mi with him + all his paper's, and you with all your bit's, and some one that's speek's Thai. Fill out the form, that's in Thai, and bingo simple.

nocando, He's out of the country

and I want it done asap

Yes you will need signed documents from the last owner, these are:

Signed copy of passport ( copy must show photo page, tm card, last arrival stamp and visa)

Signed copy of work permit or letter of residency from immigration.

And then there are 2 Thai documents, I am unsure of there names but basically one is a sales contract and the other is power of attorney if the previous owner is not there in person with you when you change the name.

Without these you will not be able to transfer the name or province the bike is registered in.

You can however ride it and tax and insure it.

go to your nearest office for vehicle inspection (yellow signed, with gear in the middle), they offer registration service. i think around 500 thb.

Ask for the paper that the previous owner need to signed, and send it to him.

Now, the problem with yours is the work permit / house book of the previous owner.

Better to ask that office if you can do it without all the documents, i suggest you not going to the goverment office yourself (it's tiring and time consuming)

go to your nearest office for vehicle inspection (yellow signed, with gear in the middle), they offer registration service. i think around 500 thb.

Ask for the paper that the previous owner need to signed, and send it to him.

Now, the problem with yours is the work permit / house book of the previous owner.

Better to ask that office if you can do it without all the documents, i suggest you not going to the goverment office yourself (it's tiring and time consuming)

You will still need a signed copy of his passport showing tm card and latest entry stamp and date he has to leave Thailand (in other words it has to show he is currently in Thailand) they still may insist on letter of residency or work permit as well.