Ubc On 42inch Plasma Tv

SBACM

The newer wide screen format TV's have circuitry which permits them to "stretch" a standard TV picture (ratio 4:3) into the wide screen ratio (16:9). It can do this in several ways. If you have the TV select the best way automatically, it might get "confused" by the broadcast signal and start switching modes ad hoc.

If this happens then take it out of auto mode and select the wide screen setting that best suits the program you are watching.

The newer wide screen format TV's have circuitry which permits them to "stretch" a standard TV picture (ratio 4:3) into the wide screen ratio (16:9). It can do this in several ways. If you have the TV select the best way automatically, it might get "confused" by the broadcast signal and start switching modes ad hoc.

If this happens then take it out of auto mode and select the wide screen setting that best suits the program you are watching.

Probably the cause.........

however, check to make sure your not sitting on the remote control. :o

cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to buy a 42" plasma. Can somebody please let me know which UBC channels are transmitted in a format which fills the screen without too much distortion?. I mainly watch BBC, HBO, Cinemax, and the football, do these particular channels look good? It's frustrating that the shops don't have a UBC signal in order to test this, silly when you consider that most people who can afford plasmas will probably be using UBC.

I'm about to buy  a 42" plasma. Can somebody please let me know which UBC channels are transmitted in a format which fills the screen without too much distortion?. I mainly watch BBC, HBO, Cinemax, and the football, do these particular channels look good? It's frustrating that the shops don't have a UBC signal in order to test this, silly when you consider that most people who can afford plasmas will probably be using UBC.

All of em look sh1t on a 42" screen unless yer 10m away :o

i have a plasma 42 i look ubc on a 4:3 , sometime if a diffusion is on letter size format i change to 16:9

do not expect ubc to be wide screen .

sorry mean to said :

i have a plasma 42 i look ubc on a 16:9 , sometime if a diffusion is on letter size format i change to 4:3

do not expect ubc to be wide screen .