Tracing A Registered Letter

khunken

There are some rather old posts on this topic & none of them seemed to help me.

I've tried the CAT 'tracing' site & all I get is 'Not Found'. An email came back via the dreaded 'Mailer Daemon' indicating that their quota was full. Obviously the CAT crowd are totally on top of all that web/email stuff.

Short of starting at the Post Office where the letter was posted, any other suggestions.

Thanks

Ken

Yes - this gets the 'not found' response

OK. It still gave me a valid response on an item a week ago. I don,t know if you have used it before but really it should start to give you a response within a few hours; eg; "accepted at ------post office." Do remember I got a not found response some time back but after some inquiries I dropped a prefix/suffix on the receipt and it popped up. Don't know if that gives you something to play about with. Sorry I can't help more, good luck.

I sent my tax return to my mom in the states and it didn't arrive. She went to the postmaster at our local post office and he traced it to Singapore where it was stuck. He even wrote a letter to the IRS, so I wouldn't have to pay a penalty. Point being, maybe someone at the other end could help.