Organic Food In Bangkok

w11guy

• 3 months later...

Sort of.... There are no health food stores like in the West, but there are a few oriented to the Thai market and you can find stuff that claims to be organic.

Uncommon grains, processed health foods etc. can usually be found at the foreign oriented supermarkets, but its never for sure and you never know if it will be reordered. In general though, you will be OK.

There is an Online Health food company about to launch in LOS, based in Phuket. I do know for sure they will carry organic quinoa amongst some other great stuff as I met the owner the other day at the raw food cafe in Phuket.

Mentioned quinoa, psyllium, alfalfa seeds, wheat grass seeds and growing kits, natural soap with no fragrance and some other stuff he had sourced locally. Oh yeah dehydrated fruits with no sugar.. He is from California so "get it"

Very exciting, for me anyways can can't wait for his launch. I will post with the details when it is up.

• 1 month later...

I talked to the owner the other day and he said nearly there... I will post an update soon. I do know he has quionia. He is just waiting for some more products .. was excited as he found SLS free shampoos and shower gels!! Y

eah! Even the most "natural" shampoos here contain Sodium Laurel Sulphate.. a harsh detergent.

For sure will update. I also told him he should put a banner here!