Tot 4mb Service

alant

i have just renewed my contract with tot and gone for the 4mb option (down speed) same price as i had for the 2mb.

changover within 4 days, easy to do and first peak time speed test as below; :)

736720221.png

Edited by alant

I upgraded too 3 month ago fm 1 MB silver to 4 MB by TOT. First get old bill with upgrade mentionned and

now ADSL UP Speed 4 MB 790 THB.

I was warned that I never get 4 MB, max. 3.6 MB.

Tests are such different depend on time day / night and .... what kind of test I use. Thai Visa show almost slow in front of http://www.speedtest.net/ and check Thailand internal to USA same, with Europe bad. Se the included test made 05.03.2010 near 01:00 am (all time same, the visible difference of 6 hrs is because of summertime in Europe.

If you are unlucky your connection is divert via w3.mict.go.th (to read in ThaiVisa) much slower or no connection. I tested Prachuap KK - Bangkok, Frankfurt, Paris, Los Angeles

this Internet is as an russian roulette

I pay 490 Baht for the 2meg service - I thought the new 4meg service was 590 Baht?

Or am I wrong again?

Hope so then I can rush down to TOT. :)

sorry yes it is 590, that is what i paid for the 2mb service when it started.

i didnt renew until i saw the offer improve as each renewal ties you to a year.

agree the speed can be a lottery

seeing your result it seems upgrading to 4MBit only gives you better maximum speeds, but during crowded hours it will still crank down to being unusable for international sites. Skype quality still sucks too.

I had opportunity to check out 3bb, true and TOT in greater Bangkok area during the last days. The first two both 4MBit, TOT was 3 MBit. 3bb and true rocked (the latter full 4MBit internationally!), TOT was average at best. Was not an extensive test though.

I will not renew my TOT contract for sure.

Does anybody know if the transition from Maxnet to 3bb is only for Bangkok area or nationwide? I still not really know what I can expect in the province (and as we all know it always depends on the region anyway)

welo

Does anybody know if the transition from Maxnet to 3bb is only for Bangkok area or nationwide? I still not really know what I can expect in the province (and as we all know it always depends on the region anyway)

welo

I believe 3BB is nationwide, unlike True which is limited to Bangkok and several other major cities/towns (Chiang Mai, Phuket, Pattaya etc). I just signed-up for True and should be getting my 4096/1024 connection sometime next week...

welo

I believe 3BB is nationwide, unlike True which is limited to Bangkok and several other major cities/towns (Chiang Mai, Phuket, Pattaya etc). I just signed-up for True and should be getting my 4096/1024 connection sometime next week...

:) sincere I wish you get the promised speed but since I live in Thailand, life would be sad without dreams :D juste for joke

Edited by challenger99

sincere I wish you get the promised speed but since I live in Thailand, life would be sad without dreams juste for joke

Thanks. :)

TBH, I don't know what to expect. With all the problems I've been hearing about True in recent weeks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed... If things don't work out, I'll switch to 3BB or back to Jasmine (my current provider).

On the subject of 'reliability', nothing beats Jasmine IMO. However, they only provide 2048/512 connectivity which is fine, except that my 16 year old (TOT) phone line has been giving a lot of problems lately. No one at TOT seems to be able to fix it, so I'm getting a new line installed. With the free installation promotion offered by True, I've decided to give them a try.

Edited by Supernova

well still happy, from the start until now i can at last stream utube vids with no buffering problems plus others from the bbc etc so in practical terms it is doing the business. :)