Ajahn Brahm - Pause For Thought

cavelight

Good for him to do that. But for me that would be a boring way to spend a life. Lifes what you make it. If someone wants to sit doing nothing all day then thats up to this guy. But dont try to make out that he is better than the average farang in Thailand just becuase he does this.

Lets be honest its hardly the same as going to fight for your country. Its about sitting in a temple all day. If everyone did this the world would end in about 5 years :)

Edited by ongoing

Good for him to do that. But for me that would be a boring way to spend a life. Lifes what you make it. If someone wants to sit doing nothing all day then thats up to this guy. But dont try to make out that he is better than the average farang in Thailand just becuase he does this.

Lets be honest its hardly the same as going to fight for your country. Its about sitting in a temple all day. If everyone did this the world would end in about 5 years :)

yeah, i agree, fighting " for your country" will last the world much longer..

What a comparison..

Lets be honest its hardly the same as going to fight for your country. Its about sitting in a temple all day. If everyone did this the world would end in about 5 years

I'm not particularly keen on monks but your post - in keeping the other 52 - is spectacularly asinine. Sitting on your arse or going to war? Hmmm? Now, which one is more likely to lead to the world ending? I just don't know.

Does he sound so depressed all the way through that?

He's no Martin Luther King, that's for sure.

Edited by HS Mauberley

Well I once got to meet Ole Lama, or is it Lama Ole. He too may not be a MLK, but he certainly never sounded depressed. But I suppose that being of the Tantric tradition he would be denied a visa into Thailand so as not to offend the PRC.

ole_3.jpg