Police Raids On Nightclubs

Hi,

I'm just wondering do police do raids in Samui and perform piss tests on the spot like other locations around Thailand? Particularly interested in seeing does this happen in Lamai.

Surely someone knows..

Never heard of such a thing . Where do they perform tests like that ??? In BKK or Pattaya ??? You never know what will happen tomorrow but as far as i know it isn't happening on Samui and espescially not in Lamai . Police raids , well i don't really know what you mean by that . There are occasions or places which at somedays get police on their neck and get more or less trouble with the police . If that happens , the police never hassles the people who are visiting the place , unless maybe you want to get in their way ( who would be so stupid ??? ) . Sometimes they shut down a place for 48 h or 1 week or something like that . It doesn't happen much , very rare even , but i know it happen before a couple of times .

The only people worried about raids & Urine tests are people doing the wrong thing .Are You?By the question you asked you seem to be lmao.Your gamble your worry. :o

Or something, use your imagination. I am sure they do.

I just don't know why they have to go so far as piss tests when there are plenty of farangs and Thais alike that are foolish enough to be carrying drugs on them. Or better yet, set up a road block and breathalyze people outside the nightclub areas. That would certainly send their arrest rates up to nice acceptable levels. All I know is that many (Thai) people were arrested where I live with absolutely no proof and released later just so the police could show they had their arrest rates up.

I don't do drugs but I certainly find the idea of taking a piss test objectionable. Doesn't make me guilty, does it?

SBK my wife had to have a medical certficate supplied by Government hospital for visa.Guess what the do a urine test as part of the examination.

Not saying you are guilty lol.just saying if you do not do drugs,you shouldn't really be worried, it was a general statement .I do not think I was being Naive sayoing that.

Anyway you know that law enforcement here leaves a lot to be desired for.

Thanks for the replies. I won't be doing drugs in Thailand but I do smoke weed at home and this doesn't leave the blood for quite sometime so I wouldn't like to be caught out for it.

Mark

Edited by IreMark

Thanks for the replies. I won't be doing drugs in Thailand but I do smoke weed at home and this doesn't leave the blood for quite sometime so I wouldn't like to be caught out for it.

Mark

I don't think you get in trouble for that reason in Samui . 2/3 years ago there were people smoking on the street , beach , inside Bauhaus ( behind the bar that is , working there ) , well just everywhere you could imagine . I haven't seen or smelled it now on public areas anymore the past 2 years but it is still everywhere around . Unless you go asking around or carry the stuff with you i don't really think you have a lot to worry about . Urine tests for THC ( active substance of weed , marihuana ... ) can detect usage of the substance weeks after the use of it . In some countries the personal use is allowed ( or not fined for that matter ) , and you could have been there before going to Thailand . I would recommend not to use it in Thailand because if you get into trouble , the trouble can be very large . But the urine tests for THC are pretty harmless , in that matter . I think the urine tests are not really for THC but for stronger substances , which are widely spread , especially on FMP's ,. By the stronger substances i mean XTC , Yabba , speed , and some other kinds of substances used . These are very dangerous and getting caught using, carrying , buying etc these substances get's you in more trouble than you ever could imagine . Something to think about is that in Thailand weed or marihuana is sometimes mixed with opium ( thrust me , you don't know or see it ) and by that it puts you in the second category ... so don't use it .