Seafood In Cha-am

bsacbob

HI Guy's

I have looked through your pages but cant find any up to date info on good seafood restaurants in Cha-Am, i am coming down from Chiang Rai for a weeks R&R next week, can any of you recommend any good ones or any other good places to go with the wife and a 4 year old (with no distractions if you know what i mean), we are staying in the Beach Garden Hotel.

Cheers

You should go to the Cha Am fishing harbour. Follow the beach road to the north end. There are a few built directly at the water. I've bee to one called Lucky 2, really liked it , very simple, very fresh and inexpensive.

Believe he is talking about going to the North end and keep on the seaside road when it divides and continue into the fishing port area (believe like a gate entry into the area) and there are open air places on both sides of the street. As said nothing fancy and served Thai style but fresh pick your own style and room to park.

The Fishing village has approx 15 restaurants all selling seafood however Lucky restaurant is almost next door to the numerous karaoke bars that service the burmeese fisherman. Also since the opening of Krua Medsai the village has lost a vast amount of custom. Krua Medsai is just befor you enter the fishing village and is directly on the beach. The food and serice is fantastic and the prices exceptionally low. They do however get busy, approx 300 + customers each evening but I would never go to the fishing village again as I found the serice and food inconsistent....