Getting Married To Thai Girl...

<br />That information is totally false. The income must be yours alone and it can not be combined with savings. It is either 400k in bank 2 months or 40k monthly income. The laws changed over 15 months ago.<br />

Well, if that's indeed the case, then my only option will be to do a TEFL course somewhere, obtain a certificate and then find a job to supplement my pension in order to meet the 40,000B p.m. requirement. I only need a job which will pay me about 15,000B a month, so it shouldn't be too difficult. The only thing that concerns me a littlle is growing old and possibly becoming incapacitated and unable to work. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I think.

If over 50, you could also go for reason of retirement. But the income requirements are much higher:

65,000 a month income

OR

800,000 in the bank for 3 months

OR

a combination of yearly income and money in the bank totalling 800,000. (no need to season the money in the bank)

• 1 year later...

I went to a Amphur in Bangkok to get married to day. I had all documents in order. My girlfriend was told she had to bring two friends and a translator. My girfriend is a college profesor and speaks perfect English. Is this a new law? Please reply asap.

Thank You; Joe

Nothing new, you need two witnesses but normally the people at the amphur are willing to act as such. A translator is also not unheard of, as they want to be sure you understand what your are signing. It is to protect you, so there is no misunderstanding about what you signed.