Leaky Roof, Anybody Reccomend Anyone To Fix?

nitnoymoy

My house has a marley type tile roof and is suffering from 2 water leaks that appear to be coming in at the apex of the roof ( been up in the loft when it was raining and spotted where it was dripping) The inside of roof has been sprayed with foam by the previous owner can anyone reccomend anyone to fix? as opposed to me taking pot luck getting someone to repair,need to get it sorted before the rains come .

Sure someone more knowledgeable will be along but in the meanrtime....

Depends a lot on sort of leak and where exactly it is. I found silicone or mastic pumped in the hole or gap is a quick and easy solution and lasts long time.

post-35075-1268040943_thumb.jpgpost-35075-1268040966_thumb.jpg

:)

I've gone through three different companies to fix mine. They patch one leak and it creates two more. They fix those two and it leaks somewhere else, and so on and so forth. I may get around to hiring another group, but I expect the same results.

Good luck. We're both better off learning how to fix it on our own.

Edited by Tokay

• 6 months later...

I have had my roof repaired a lot of times, also parts of it renewed.

The Roofer who did it a couple of Years ago cannot be contacted anymore.

Does anyone know of a good reliable Roofer, not a cowboy, here today, gone tomorrow type, in the Pattaya area.

My roof is leaking again and i need to get it fixed before the plaster board caves in.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Everything that I own here is either bodged, leaks, repaired, doesn't work, hanging off, not straight, unsafe blah blah blah.

Ive given up, it made me ill for months trying to get things done right now i dont give a toss anymore its the only way you can live here without it driving you nuts.

Finding someone who wont lie and who will listen to you is near on impossible. Everything is lies after lies, once you paid them and the roof leaks again they ain't coming back.

Like someone said better off doing it yourself.

Everything that I own here is either bodged, leaks, repaired, doesn't work, hanging off, not straight, unsafe blah blah blah.

Ive given up, it made me ill for months trying to get things done right now i dont give a toss anymore its the only way you can live here without it driving you nuts.

Finding someone who wont lie and who will listen to you is near on impossible. Everything is lies after lies, once you paid them and the roof leaks again they ain't coming back.

Like someone said better off doing it yourself.

I tend to agree to this!

And if it gets too complicated they won't even show up the first time!

Wish I would own a beach hut on Koh Samui 30 yrs ago!

Thank you for the replies. I cannot just forget about it because its dripping right at my centre light, one light has already blown in another room, I am scared of the electrics. I do agree, the Roofers I have had previously, either do not pick up the phone, don't turn up or have left the area (i wonder why)

I have a guy coming on Thursday to have a look, if I have no joy, I shall PM a couple of you for more info. Kind regards.

You would think that with as much rain as Thailand gets, the Thais would be quite skilled at installing and repairing roofs. Unfortunately my experience has shown otherwise. It seems as only a very few can do the job properly, just as with everything else in the construction or repair of buildings. :ermm:

Most attempts to make repairs cause more problems. Never ending circle. When I find someone who's good, they get too busy to come out. I've had to learn to just live with it. Not much I can do about it. If it gets bad enough, then I deal with it. :blink:

Good luck! ;)

We have the same problem with our pitched spanish tile type of roof , 3 tries already and water still gets in from somewhere.

Last resort was to use the spray foam insulation but a neighbor did that and ended up with more issues of water pooling up under the tiles.

Reading this topic with great interest :ermm:

We have the same problem with our pitched spanish tile type of roof , 3 tries already and water still gets in from somewhere.

Last resort was to use the spray foam insulation but a neighbor did that and ended up with more issues of water pooling up under the tiles.

Reading this topic with great interest :ermm:

I would never recommend using foam spray.Your not curing the problem only making a temporary fix.The water will still be penetrating through the roof structure.

I had a Thai guy out 4 times for the same leak and he still could not fix it.

we have the 60cm ceiling tiles so we left one out were the drip was and put a bucket on the floor

so the drip would finish up in the bucket.

Still trying to figure out how to fix this dammed leak a Thai neigbour came over said he had the

same problem but instead of trying to fix the leak he diverted the leak out of the house,he bought a roll

of the flexible tin/metal that you can buy from any builders merchant he made sure that the tin covered the leak, then he

bent it over securing the tin with wire to the roof beams he made sure the tin roll ended up just outside the roof

and bingo the drip ran down the tin roll and out the house.

The house is as dry as a bone now

• 1 year later...

I know its an old thread, but hey guess what? I have a leaking roof and have now paid three different clowns with no long term joy. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good reliable roofer/builder .

Thanks in anticipation

RabC

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Builder/roofer coming to start on my house tomorrow, I will get his details and post them on here if he turns out to be good ok.

Thanks a lot for that I knew I wasn't just a voice in the wilderness.

If you have a C Pack roof they have approved contractors that will do the job and guarantee the work, they can be contacted through building supply shops that sell C Pack tiles and systems or call the number on the C Pack catalog I guess.

i have had same problems,builders pump some sealant in where they think the water is coming,then it happens again and again,but it only seems to leak when the wind and rain is gusting and blowing the rain up under the tiles.so i think there is no way the leaks can be stopped,i have had it happen 3times in under 3years

i have had same problems,builders pump some sealant in where they think the water is coming,then it happens again and again,but it only seems to leak when the wind and rain is gusting and blowing the rain up under the tiles.so i think there is no way the leaks can be stopped,i have had it happen 3times in under 3years

Leaks happen in the valleys and the ridges, not usually under the tiles unless they have been lifted by insulation foam or the slope is too shallow.

The standard way of fitting ridge tiles is to cement them on, if there is no membrane under the cement water will ingress through minute cracks which appear after a couple of years in the cement. Wind blowing the rain sideways or from a certain direction will ensure that water is forced into the hairline cracks which then run down the steel to the lowest point. Paint all cement on the ridges with the appropriate color Silka or TOA seal.