Cost Of Repainting/varnishing Car In Same Or Different Color

atelko

I am thinking to repaint my black car to a lighter color or a new black again, because it had some bumpas a nd list some color through that caused by others.

I have no idea how much a full varnishing in same color and a new color costs. I know that if yoi got a black car and want a much lighter color it costs probably more because they have to put more colour on it so that the black wont shine through that.

I am currently located in pattaya. Are the prices much more different from bangkok? If you could also tell me an area or adress where to find a car shop that is varnishing i would be very thankful.

• 3 weeks later...

New paint jobs here are a good bargain. You should figure about 25,000 for a top rate job if you use the same color. Changing the color will cost a lot more because inside the doors and under the hood should also be painted. A color change will require your title book to be changed.

I agree with Gary A, that's good advice. I'm unsure about the OP's requirements, though, without seeing the paint work in question. Modern car paints aren't varnished, I think a clear-coat is applied, which is paint, not varnish. Depending on the condition of the original paint, a re-spray may be unnecessary; high-speed rotary buffing (1500-5000baht) by a professional using various cutting agents, pads, polishes and waxes, could redeem the paint by removing scratches, swirl marks and other defects, it depends on the depth and extent of the damage.