Hid Bi-xenon 55 Watts

Cobrabiker

Yes Husky, from the ebay site you have posted, they do have bixenon kit, here

55w bixenon

I intend to keep the right as standard halogen, and the left change to xenon only for night ridding, not sure at this point yet, I don't know whether the light source is sufficient for only one xenon, has anyone done this before?

Great. cobrabiker, didn`t see those...stand corrected..go for it, BTW i had now probs with this guy. Be mindfull of the heat issues

Good service and good contacts, from him throughout the ordering and delivering...HD

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What problem you have this guy, are the lights working properly? Btw, are the ballasts waterproof, or so call weather proof?

Sorry Cobrabiker,

it was a typo error....should have read, "had no problems with this guy"

Lights work great not had any problems at all, and very glad i upgraded, the ballasts i got with my kit are waterproof~(rubber injected/sealed)...HD :)

• 7 months later...

Well, I have bought and installed it, it was about 3 times brighter than halogen, but guess what, the 1st ballast broke down after about 2 hours, and the second about 40 hours of usage. I emailed the seller, initially agreed to send me one, but until the second one broke down, still have not received replacement and emailed him several times but he chose to be MIA ( Missing In Action). I think the problem with these ballasts is they are tightly sealed with silicone to make them water resistent, but it gets too hot and blow up.

They are not so reliable after all, I think maybe the thicker ballast will last longer than the slim ballasts which I bought. This is my experience with hid xenon from this seller, what about others, have any to share?

Well, I have bought and installed it, it was about 3 times brighter than halogen, but guess what, the 1st ballast broke down after about 2 hours, and the second about 40 hours of usage. I emailed the seller, initially agreed to send me one, but until the second one broke down, still have not received replacement and emailed him several times but he chose to be MIA ( Missing In Action). I think the problem with these ballasts is they are tightly sealed with silicone to make them water resistent, but it gets too hot and blow up.

They are not so reliable after all, I think maybe the thicker ballast will last longer than the slim ballasts which I bought. This is my experience with hid xenon from this seller, what about others, have any to share?

I bought mine from DBigBike in Nakon Pathom. I have HID brights and halogen low beams. I had a problem in the first 2 weeks where they shorted out, the seal in the headlight allowed water in and shorted the circuits. DBigBike replaced the damaged parts for free, no labor charge either. Since then, June 2010, they have worked great. No overheating. I have the slim ballast. It is in a place on my Honda Steed where when it rains, the ballast gets wet. But I don't ride in the rain, so that shouldn't be a future problem.

My edits in blue.

I love the BIB, make up the rules as fits the scenario. Mental note, carry tea money at all times never pay corrupt cops for such a thing. Insist upon getting a ticket & then take the matter to court.

Mind you, I don't see the factory BMW cars with their bluish lighting being nabbed. Oh the horror of it all. How can I go on.

Most countries have laws regarding too bright lights so honestly going to court will probably make things worse rather then better. This being Thailand the fees are probably small but the hassle and the possibility of being ordered to change the lights or seizure of the bike or lights come to mind....

Thais love bright lights (who doesn't?) and they're cheap to install yet you don't see too many out there on the road...

Hi Floridaguy, what is HID brights? High Beam? How many watts are your HID? Btw, I have a switch to turn off the head light, so no problem with police, and also I don't live in Bkk, so I don't have many chance to meet them.

Hi Cobrabiker,

Yes, by brights I mean they installed it so that when I have the High Beam on, the HID's are on. When I switch to Low Beam, the old halogen lights turn on and the HID's turn off. I only switch to Low Beam when I see or know of police ahead of me. I have been ticketed once in BKK for the HIDs, only 100 baht. I cannot turn the lights off, my headlights are always on, which I like for the visibility and safety.

I believe I have the 55 watt, but not positive. They are very white and very bright. I am so used to them that with my Low Beams on, I can't see a thing.