Asus Laptop Lcd Out; Probably The Inverter

NanLaew

My Asus U3 screen has blacked out but still able to use with the external VGA so I suspect a bad connection or duff inverter. Was intermittent for a day but now it's total.

I will be in Bangkok early next week so looking for recommendations on a repair place. I think it's just out of warranty but someone with Asus experience would be preferred.

I can recommend Bios.com at Pantip, 4th level. That is one of the various small repair shops there, and the guy who does the repairs actually speaks good English.

He did fix one of the more complicated issues one can have with a Laptop, namely resoldering the graphics processor. He works all brands I guess.

Read my story here and why I recommend him.

PM me if you need his telephone number so you can call him directly, not sure what number they have on the website.

welo

Fortune town mall has an asus repair centre on the ground floor & they are really very good there. even tho its out of warranty, thats where i would be going.

ps: its not the ground floor, thats just my bad memory at work.

here:

ASUS Service Point ที่ร่วมกับ Synnex และ Value จะรับเฉพาะ ... 7 Fortune Town Bldg., 4 Floor , Room 4P26 , Ratchadaphisek Rd., Dindaeng , Bangkok 10400 ... สอบถามเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ 02-679-8367-71 Asus Call center. ...

Edited by neverdie

Be prepared ASUS Thailand they charge you 545 baht to Look att it and the the repairing price can be very expensive

so count between 3000 to 10000 I was asked for 27000 baht then I said I dont have to repair can buy a new one.

I went to one of the 'official' Compaq repair centers in Pantip once. They charge 1000 THB handling fee and will send the Laptop to the 'real' Compaq repair service located somewhere in Bangkok. They do have the advantage that their system is somehow connected to the manufacturer and that allows them to determine your warranty status, check repair costs and spare part prices, etc. I am not sure they have their won technicians though

And as everywhere in the world repair costs from the manufacturer directly are usually pretty expensive if not covered by warranty.

Of course this is my experience with one of these Service Centers and does not necessarily apply to all of them.

welo

I had an ASUS LCD screen repaired in a shop in Panthip (can't remember the name) about 10 years ago, it cost 8,000 Baht.

A similar DELL repair in Pattaya a couple of years ago cost 3,000 Baht.

Nobody in Pattaya could repair my Acer.

Edited by PattayaParent

Fortune town mall has an asus repair centre on the ground floor & they are really very good there. even tho its out of warranty, thats where i would be going.

ps: its not the ground floor, thats just my bad memory at work.

here:

ASUS Service Point ที่ร่วมกับ Synnex และ Value จะรับเฉพาะ ... 7 Fortune Town Bldg., 4 Floor , Room 4P26 , Ratchadaphisek Rd., Dindaeng , Bangkok 10400 ... สอบถามเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ 02-679-8367-71 Asus Call center. ...

Thanks for that neverdie. I just looked up the SYNNEX website and they also list a location in Panthip Plaza which is nearer to my clients office.

I just did some digging around and I bought this one on 7th April 2008 and registered it with ASUS so it's still got a few weeks left on the 2-year warranty!

Edited by NanLaew

• 6 months later...

If you go to Synnex on the 4th floor, there is a service charge just to look at your notebook. The ASUS Service Centre is located on the lower ground (directly under Lotus supermarket, also within Fortune Town building).

Edited by sw2508

After calling Asus, I was told to take the laptop to their service center on Rama IV Road where they accepted it with proof of valid warranty at no charge.

Then I went to work in Vietnam and the red-shirts seized that part of town and I was disturbed to see the Asus building framed by burning barricades on a YouTube video. The Asus website simply advised that the center was closed!

A few weeks after the sh!t was over, I got an email saying my laptop was ready for pickup. They had replaced the mobo under warranty and waived the excess storage charge.

Here's a snapshot of the ASus service center after I picked up my laptop. They had torched the building next door!

post-35874-081976400 1286788965_thumb.jp