Have They Stopped Putting Red Dye In 91 Octane Gasoline?

aitch52

Hello everyone

something been puzzling me recently, for the last month or so I have been getting clear 91 octane fuel put in my tank. I use the same 2 PTT stations, one in Phetchabun and one in Phitsanulok as I do the commute every weekend. Also noticed that red fuel has disappeared from the whisky bottles outside the Mom & Pop stores. Have PTT stopped dyeing the fuel or are we getting gasahol, ripped off even? Tried asking the staff but the girls at my local fuel stop are Burmese and whilst friendly, flirty and affable just pump it in and dissolve into giggles when I ask why isn't it red? Any answers from the experts will be appreciated.

Edited by aitch52

It's not that they stopped coloring it, it's that they made all suppliers color them uniformly.

"octane-91 petrol will become yellow, octane-95 petrol blue, diesel B5 red." So I think your "clear" gas is actually probably slightly yellow.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Cheating-Pet...ns-t334023.html

Edited by ScubaBuddha

It's not that they stopped coloring it, it's that they made all suppliers color them uniformly.

"octane-91 petrol will become yellow, octane-95 petrol blue, diesel B5 red." So I think your "clear" gas is actually probably slightly yellow.

On a slightly different topic, I am having trouble (again) finding 95 octane gasoline in Phuket. Shell were selling V-Power gasoline at most of their service stations until a few days ago, but all have now stopped and the attendants say there will be no more..? So now I don't know where to get it. I have tried using 95 gasohol in both my old cars, but the engines don't like it, and run very badly. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

On a slightly different topic, I am having trouble (again) finding 95 octane gasoline in Phuket. Shell were selling V-Power gasoline at most of their service stations until a few days ago, but all have now stopped and the attendants say there will be no more..? So now I don't know where to get it. I have tried using 95 gasohol in both my old cars, but the engines don't like it, and run very badly. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I was told the same. Instead of normal vpower 95 now they sell vpower 95 gasohol which is about 6 baht cheaper. Guess I got to stick to 91 from now on :)