Cheapest Visa Extension?

What's the cheapest way to remain in Thailand on a tourist visa? If you have a double entry Tourist visa but used one entry up already, would forking out the 1,900 baht to the immigration police for 1 more month be cheaper than doing a visa run and using up the second entry? If you go on a visa run and have one more valid entry is it possible to pick up another 2 while you're outside the country while they are still free? Or it is not allowed to request more entries while you still have a valid entry remaining?

Edited by gonzobrains

That would depend on how much time you need, and on where you stay. Check pay for travel and the visa to enter the other country versus the 1,900 baht for the extension.

Currently they are not free, they will be starting April 1.

• 2 months later...

take a calculator for all your questions, for the last one, you can get another double entry if the consulate does allow it.

thanks for the non-answer. gee, calculators. i wish i had one! and just when i got tired of people telling me "google it!" everytime I ask a genuine question.

if you are one a windows operating system a calc is included since 3.11

ok, ill take you on - sort of.

you can diy a 15 DAY STAMP for about b1000 incl cambo visa = 15 days

OR

you pay the mafia 1900 for 30 days

OR

you can fly in/out for about 2500 + overnight costs = 30 days

if you dont want to google it - try the search function on tv. if you need help with the math, there is a 10yo kid across the hall from me. maybe he will sort it for you for a few hours in the internet/game cafe.

as the girls from issan say - up to you

• 2 months later...