Strong Baht And Rice

lovelomsak

I was reading the Nation today and an article that interested me was about the baht being strong for the short term.

I amnot sure if it will be short term.

They gave an example . The rice in Vietnam . I will quote a short part of the article that helps explain .

quoteVietnamese rice is much cheaper than Thai rice, by $80 to $100 per tonne. Vietnam's dong is 8-per-cent weaker than the baht. Thailand will definitely lose export share in many countries that unquote

In this senario I can see the thai boughts strengh as a plus.

If the baht is strong and the rice is cheap in Vietnam I feel the Thais can purchase the majority of Vietnam rice at a premium price.. Then resell the rice to other nations that are dependent on rice or have a market for rice Thailand if possible gets trade agreement for Vietnam rice. The competitiveness of the lower dong in the rice market is no longer a problem to Thailand but an advantage.

There are many advantages to Vietnam in this too. Quaranteed buyer at premium price. Easy transport of goods.Dealing in Asian markets good for investments.Dealing in Asian money. Possibly quick payment for goods due to the fact delivery time is so quick.