Sydneys Fish And Chips In Tesco Lotus

Has anyone been into Sydney's Fish and Chips in Tesco Lotus in Lamai yet ? I think it opened a couple of days ago. I have not been in there yet.

If anyone has been in there , what is the food like ( is it real english style fish and chips ) ? is the place Farang owned or Thai owned ? does anyone know ?

It's owned by a Thai lady named Khun Apple, she's married to an Australian who is currently the Executive Chef at one of the most well known resorts on the island. Sydney is the name of their daughter not the chef's home city. I haven't eaten at the fish and chip shop as yet though I have dined at the resort the chef works at on a number of occasions and in my opinion it's one of the very best there is on Samui.

It's owned by a Thai lady named Khun Apple, she's married to an Australian who is currently the Executive Chef at one of the most well known resorts on the island. Sydney is the name of their daughter not the chef's home city. I haven't eaten at the fish and chip shop as yet though I have dined at the resort the chef works at on a number of occasions and in my opinion it's one of the very best there is on Samui.

Ok i will have to give it a go. On another note. I am Glad my Thai GF has got a nice Thai name. So when i tell people back home of her name they say, thats a nice name. I dont know how people would react if i told them my GF was called Khun ' Apple ' ! :) I think the name must get a few laughs back in AUS. Dont moan at me saying people dont pick there names. Her mother and Father didnt name her Apple that is a nickname she has picked . My advice would be to think of a new nickname for her husbend's sake before they go back to visit AUS . I did know a Thai girl in Lamai called Apple a while back. I am guessing not the same one. I asked her why she was called Apple and she said she liked the sound of it :D . But still the name is just not something i can get my head around.

Anyway i will try the Fish and Chips soon from there.

Edited by dave30

I can't imagine " Sydney's Fish & Chips " being Thai Owned to be honest but i have also learnt never to expect the obvious in Thailand so who knows....

The Reggae Pub is owned by a Thai, And Thai's have no idea what Reggae is all about. The just think its about dead locks and Bob Marley posters. hahaha . It always makes me laugh when i see them Thais with the deadlocks. Ask them what a rastafarian is ... they will say its a Jamaican. hahaha. They have no idea that it started in Ethiopia then again they have no idea where Ethiopia is. These people are to easy to influence. Ask them about Green Yellow and Red flag ( rastafarian flag ) they will think that they where Bob Marleys favortie colours. hehehe :)

Edited by dave30

I can't imagine " Sydney's Fish & Chips " being Thai Owned to be honest but i have also learnt never to expect the obvious in Thailand so who knows....

The Reggae Pub is owned by a Thai, And Thai's have no idea what Reggae is all about. The just think its about dead locks and Bob Marley posters. hahaha . It always makes me laugh when i see them Thais with the deadlocks. Ask them what a rastafarian is ... they will say its a Jamaican. hahaha. They have no idea that it started in Ethiopia then again they have no idea where Ethiopia is. These people are to easy to influence. Ask them about Green Yellow and Red flag ( rastafarian flag ) they will think that they where Bob Marleys favortie colours. hehehe :)

Ignorance is bliss. :D

Edited by smokie36

Sydney is a strange name for a girl.

Its normally Sidney and thats for a man.

Not as stange as Apple

Personally I like the name "Apple" but if you have a problem with that then what do you think of the name "Pooh"????????? lol

By the way they are given nick names at birth, so they dont choose their own as you seem to think.

The concept of the second name is to confuse the evil spirits and put them off visiting the new born child.

HL :)

Just to prove you know nothing about Thai reggaeeeee!!...Job 2 Do for your education :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAdZzr0ysxg

Fish and chips? sorry.

Edited by NADTATIDA1

What do names have to do with fish & chips?

What does fish and chips have to do with this thread?....And welcome back from your holidays! :)

At least his name is not spud :D .

I have close Thai friends with weird names that would freak out my mates back home in Oz.

Khun Ae

Khun Bee

Khun Seet

Khun Dee

Khun Eaee

For real, as in a, b, c, d, and e.

Nuts. But cool.

Besides, I think Apple is a damned fine name in any case. Why, I'd call one of my kids Apple with no worries mate.

Also of note is that a mate of mine went to Sydney's Fish and Chips, Lamai Lotus, and he reckons it was pretty good tucker.

Good luck to them! Apples and Fish 'n Chips, good mix.

I had fish & chips there the other night. It was pretty good. Worth a try!

I have been there and the food was really good... I had the choochee burger... a fish burger with thai style flavoring, very unique, very tasty! i would recommend it!

I went there last night with a friend. Thought I would give my honest feedback:

The service staff dont seem to speak a word of English, or very little at least. This may be a problem as most of the customers were farangs, at least whilst we were there for over an hour. They were however very pleasant, and it was certainly obvious that they were doing their best. They did get our order wrong due to the lack of English.

The service was very slow indeed. After we ordered, took at least 30 minutes to get our meals.

I had a hamburger with the lot, which was very nice indeed.

Only a new business, so obviously has to be fine tuned a bit, but overall I would recommend it.

Good Luck to them I hope they do well

Edited by bridge

The service staff dont seem to speak a word of English, or very little at least. This may be a problem as most of the customers were farangs, at least whilst we were there for over an hour. They were however very pleasant, and it was certainly obvious they were doing their best. They did get out order wrong due to the lack of English.

The service was very slow indeed. After we ordered, took at least 30 minutes to get our meals.

I had a hamburger was the lot, which was very nice indeed.

Only a new business, so obviously has to be fine tuned a bit, but overall I would recommend it.

Dont say the turth if it is bad against Samui.... People dont like it ... Seems to be many people here have turned into children again and cant handle the turth if it says anything bad about Samui.

Next time you post please just say it was Great. :)

Edited by MrMondayNight

The service staff dont seem to speak a word of English, or very little at least. This may be a problem as most of the customers were farangs, at least whilst we were there for over an hour. They were however very pleasant, and it was certainly obvious they were doing their best. They did get out order wrong due to the lack of English.

Dont say the turth if it is bad against Samui.... People dont like it ... Seems to be many people here have turned into children again and cant handle the turth if it says anything bad about Samui.

The turth? Are you talking about "the turf" and who's turf it is? There could be a turf war if another "chippy" opened near-by with similar prices.

I wouldn't worry too much about this response from a returned banned member. No one loves him, got burned bad on Samui, hates it & hates this forum & hates me lmao. He keeps coming back like a bad smell.

Previous last re incarnations FYI :

dave30

ongoing

chopper

etc..etc......etc..................................................

So don't waste your breath responding.Serious mental problems.

I had fish & chips there the other night. It was pretty good. Worth a try!

yes good very good. taste of the good part of england. the fatty side though the owner is an aussie. pretty much the english.

Decided to give it a try.

2 small battered Fish and a couple of chips. 170 baht. umm... :)

Tasted OK but hey come on............. no wander they were empty...

1 Prawn Cutlet - 70THB, was very nice, but not 70THB nice. It is the cost that would make me not got back and not the food. I really liked the food. Perhaps they need to reassess their pricing.