How Easy (or Not) For Thai Wife To Get Oz Tourist Visa?

Yeah, as it will be our first trip to Oz, we will be doing all the tourist things.

I fancy Sydney, but the wife has a close gf in Brisbane.

Thanks for all your info guys - appreciated.

hi farangotang,how sucsessful was your visa app,for yourself and family as im thinking of doing the same,sydney for 2 weeks me and missus,(thai) do you need lots of paperwork,and can you do on line,as live up country,cheers

Thailand does not have the electronic travel authority (on line visa application).

Your wife will have to apply though the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. Visa 676 Form 48R.

The application can be submitted at VFS.

Supply financial information (bank statements) and DIAC will require evidence that your wife will return to Thailand. Takes about 5 days. All information is attached on an information sheet with the 48R.

VFS also has a courier who can pick up from your door and return. They will also go thru everything when they pick up (checklist). I did this in march for my Thai wife (I'm Ozzie) and the courier only cost 300 bht round trip (Minburi bangkok). They also have regional depots I believe. The service was faultless.

Might also add something not in the other helpful posts. She will also have to supply reasons for wanting to return to Thailand such as close family, family land, investments etc. I have done this twice, we are not legally married but have shown proof of relationship etc and not had any problems. (I also always provide a comprehensive proffessional looking application with lots of photos, docs etc etc - its a Thai thing)

VFS also has a courier who can pick up from your door and return. They will also go thru everything when they pick up (checklist). I did this in march for my Thai wife (I'm Ozzie) and the courier only cost 300 bht round trip (Minburi bangkok). They also have regional depots I believe. The service was faultless.

Might also add something not in the other helpful posts. She will also have to supply reasons for wanting to return to Thailand such as close family, family land, investments etc. I have done this twice, we are not legally married but have shown proof of relationship etc and not had any problems. (I also always provide a comprehensive proffessional looking application with lots of photos, docs etc etc - its a Thai thing)

Applicant must meet the criteria for a 676 visa.

The main two criteria are:

Sufficient funds for travel and that evidence that the applicant will return to Thailand.

There is no "Thai thing" you are dealing with DIAC and everyone is treated equally

as far as legislation and policy are concerned.

She only applying for a visitors visa not a spouse visa.

You can have what you think is the best application but if you do not meet the criteria it will

fail.

does

Sufficient funds for travel and that evidence that the applicant will return to Thailand.

There is no "Thai thing" you are dealing with DIAC and everyone is treated equally

You can have what you think is the best application but if you do not meet the criteria it will

fail.

does anyone no if there is a vfs courier collection service in chiang mai. instead of having to go to bangkok to hand in docs,or can it be done by post.

does

fail.

does anyone no if there is a vfs courier collection service in chiang mai. instead of having to go to bangkok to hand in docs,or can it be done by post.

Look up the VFS web site, I seem to remember they had one listed. Otherwise give them a ring, thats how I got the Bangkok one as not listed on site.