Organic Fertilzer

Hi I am putting together a small growing kit. Some seeds, a tray and some dirt. I would like to use organic fertilizer.

I know nothing about planting and farming.

Is there a certain brand I should look for?

I do however have access to a lot of Elephant dung. (live near a trekking camp). Is that better? the same?

Hi, if you have elephant dung, its ok since what the elephant ate is usually bananas, leaves, etc. I used th buffalo dung or cow dung from the rice fields and boy, our vegetables had huge leaves, we had healthy chillies, corns, papayas, etc. But be careful not to put too much as this may kill the plants. Try to mix them with your soil, experiment with them. You will see the difference. Don't go out to buy those chemical fertilisers, you can get the same dried cow dungs from the nursery. This is organic for sure. Good luck.

Hi just want to grow a few wheat grass seeds and make a little kit. What should I use besides elephant dung? is there not a bag of organic fertilizer I can buy? I need a bag of dirt. I need a clue about dirt.

Can't imagine what the mahouts will say when they seem out collecting the big elephant paddies. They use a wheel barrow for that sh*t! no pun intended.

• 1 month later...

I had a bag hanging around, which I've used to top dress my lawn and noticed the contact details:

General Farm Supplies Co Ltd

Bangsue, Bangkok 10800

Tel: 02 913 9024 - 6

email: [email protected]

Comes in 1kg bags. Has a red cartoon worm wearing a scarf as the logo and the brand is 'Tesabarn'. Mix this with the bagged compost you can find just about anywhere (even in Tesco and Carrefour) to give you a rich, organic growing medium.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi just want to grow a few wheat grass seeds and make a little kit. What should I use besides elephant dung? is there not a bag of organic fertilizer I can buy? I need a bag of dirt. I need a clue about dirt.

Wormcast is the best organic fertiliser, if you want some of that I can deliver to you - checkout my website, pinned to my profile.