Ubon Internet

ubonrthai

Hello, I was wondering what internet you folks in Ubon Ratchathani would recommend. I was quite happy with TTT in Chiang Mai, but the quality of connections always seems different for different areas. What are you using? I'll be living in the city near airport.

I was tempted to get a True package, but have heard very bad things about internet through satellite, i.e. every time it rains.

Edited by ubonrthai

I should stick with TTT. I live over the river in Warin Chamrab, have been hooked up for a year now and literally nothing has gone wrong. Maybe twice I have had sluggish speeds but that is rectified within a couple of hours.

Which package are you using?

Hi Ubonrthai,

I also live right near the airport. I am assuming that you have a telephone line and if that is the case then keep well away for satellites!

I use a 3MB connection from maxnet, one for home and one for the shop. 690 baht a month. Service was fantastic and in almost 12 months I have never had it go down and never had to call them.

Hi Ubonrthai,

I also live right near the airport. I am assuming that you have a telephone line and if that is the case then keep well away for satellites!

I use a 3MB connection from maxnet, one for home and one for the shop. 690 baht a month. Service was fantastic and in almost 12 months I have never had it go down and never had to call them.

Thanks!

I should stick with TTT. I live over the river in Warin Chamrab, have been hooked up for a year now and literally nothing has gone wrong. Maybe twice I have had sluggish speeds but that is rectified within a couple of hours.

Which package are you using?

Apologies for the tardiness; just got home.

My package is the same as MeMock's and with a similar consistency of good service.

(Why would you need internet at home when you can sit in Peppers all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks for the replies. I called them this morning and 2 people showed up within an hour. They'll be over to hook up the line in the next day or 2. That was really fast!

They said 3BB is about to release a 20Mb or higher connection. Last time they increased maximum speeds, everyone got an increase to match the new prices/speeds (at least in Chiang Mai they did) so maybe everyone will get a boost. Also, you can get a 5% discount if you pay 6 months up front or 10% discount for a year, FYI.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the replies. I called them this morning and 2 people showed up within an hour. They'll be over to hook up the line in the next day or 2. That was really fast!

They said 3BB is about to release a 20Mb or higher connection. Last time they increased maximum speeds, everyone got an increase to match the new prices/speeds (at least in Chiang Mai they did) so maybe everyone will get a boost. Also, you can get a 5% discount if you pay 6 months up front or 10% discount for a year, FYI.

This thread is well over a year old.

Just curious how everyone is making out and what is the current situation with available internet in Ubon? I just rented a house down the end of the road past the prison and N-Joy, near the river. No telephone lines to the house but not sure about on the soi.

Does anyone have contact details for Internet Service Providers in Ubon?

Hello LivNon.

I upgraded recently to 9Mb Down / 1Mb Up 963Baht package, very good, no interuptions. I live over the water in Warin.

Don't worry about no 'phone lines as they will install a "data only" line of their own, the benefit of that is that you don't need the contract to be in the house owner's name, just your spouse.

Ring the 1530 number to get you going on contact details.

This thread is well over a year old.

Just curious how everyone is making out and what is the current situation with available internet in Ubon? I just rented a house down the end of the road past the prison and N-Joy, near the river. No telephone lines to the house but not sure about on the soi.

Does anyone have contact details for Internet Service Providers in Ubon?

Hello Liv; I am not a computer buff so have no idea what is good or bad about speeds, but I can confirm what others have said about the reliability of 3B. I've been on it for some 4 years now and very, very rarely been unable to use, and down periods were only fairly brief anyway.

Elwood

I'm still very happy with 3BB. I've only ever had one problem and routinely max out bandwidth. I hit 1.1mb/sec on a download the other day. I'm on the 9/1 plan. http://www.3bb.co.th...ct/adsl/9mb.php

I was in the office last week and they said their speeds are going up in 2 or 3 months. My main question was if there would be an upload option higher than 1Mb. They said yes but who knows.

Edited by ubonrthai